OD&D Basilisk Hills Hexcrawl Kickstarter

thirdkingdom

Hero
Publisher
I'm planning on launching a Kickstarter in about a month to compile and expand on the seven hexes in the Basilisk Hills cluster from the Populated Hexes series. There will be three options to back: the compiled existing seven hexes (about 150 pages), almost one hundred new, broadly filled out hexes (another 150 pages), or the existing compiled along with the new, to create a hexcrawl location about the size of Puerto Rico.

Pre-launch page is here: Coming soon: Basilisk Hills Hexcrawl Region

aco175

Legend
I clicked on the description and all it said was coming soon and click here to be notified. Is there a version for 5e or just OD&D?

thirdkingdom

Hero
Publisher
Sorry about that. This is my first time doing the Kickstarter preview page (acting on Morrus's advice) and I'm still getting used to the interface. For a couple of years now I've been producing a series of hexes in the Populated Hexes series, written for Necrotic Gnome's Old School Essentials. Each hex in the series is about 25-30 pages of content, with about half being a 6-mile hex broken down into smaller 1.2 mile hexes and populated with features and lairs. The rest of the books is supplemental stuff to expand OSR-style games -- the Appendices add more race as class options, rules to create magical items and spells, creating constructs, etc.

Here's a sample page from one of the books:

Gangrenous Orcs Snapshot.png

The hexes are designed to be used either by themselves, but they're produced in "clusters" of seven hexes -- a central hex and the six surrounding hexes -- so they can be used individually as single hex encounter locations or as mini-sandbox locations. As part of the Kickstarter I will be compiling the seven hexes of the Basilisk Hills cluster into a single book/pdf, but I've also got nearly one hundred additional hexes that detail the surrounding terrain in broad strokes. Those will look like this:
Supplemental Preview.png

thirdkingdom

Hero
Publisher
In preparation for the upcoming Basilisk Hills Compiled Kickstarter I've put one of the hexes that will be included in the book on sale for 75% off (a mere 74 cents!):

thundershot

Adventurer
Man, if these were 5E I’d be all over them! I don’t have time to convert things anymore, but I enjoy me some hexes! I love old school adventures with new age rules. (Running Isle of Dread 5E right now)

thirdkingdom

Hero
Publisher
Man, if these were 5E I’d be all over them! I don’t have time to convert things anymore, but I enjoy me some hexes! I love old school adventures with new age rules. (Running Isle of Dread 5E right now)

I've thought about adapting them to 5e, but I don't have the system mastery of 5e to do it. Additionally, there's a bunch of supplemental stuff in the hexes that would be pointless to adapt to 5e (OSE uses race-as-class, so a fair amount of the supplemental stuff is new classes, spells, etc).

Remove ads