Battlegrounds: RPG Edition (virtual tabletop software)

rpghost

First Post
heruca said:
Battlegrounds: RPG Edition is new Online Virtual Tabletop software for both Macs and Windows PCs!

I couldn't find your email on the website, though I sent one to the admin of the domain. But I guess I should include the letter here so you see it...

I'm the owner of RPGNow.com and we have about 75% of the online e-sales for electronic RPG products. We have 80,000 customers and several of your competitors sell through us. I'd hope you give us a serious look as we can bring you many new customers.

Second, we run CyberCon at http://www.RPGe.com We are going to have an online convention in February and we'd like to invite you and your tools there. What would be really awesome for marketing for both of us is if you could release a time expired or limited version just for the convention attendies to play/try. That would get the word out quick about your system. Some of your competitors are doing this (but not all).

Hope to hear from you.

James Mathe

Vascant

Wanderer of the Underdark
Even if you do not go with RPGNow, you should take that as a good sign you are heading in the right direction. *chuckles* The only emails us mere mortals get from James is a newsletter with whats new..

schporto

First Post
heruca said:
Glad to hear it, schporto. :)

Your question is actually answered on the BRPG site already, but I'll post the info here in case anyone else is interested.

FOG OF WAR:
*snip*
By the way, did you register on my forums under a different username? I don't see a schporto there.

Sorry I missed that part. I didn't register although I posted as schporto. Now, get back to work so we can send you money!
-cpd

heruca

Explorer
rpghost said:
I couldn't find your email on the website, though I sent one to the admin of the domain. But I guess I should include the letter here so you see it...

Yes, I got your e-mail, rpghost, and I just replied to it.

I'll update my site today with clearly posted contact info.

heruca

Explorer
kanithardm,

You could always sketch a freehand map, scan it in, and use that.

There are also free mapping programs out there, if price is the issue.

heruca

Explorer
Update

Boy, it's been over a year since I updated this thread, and a LOT has happenned in that time. Battlegrounds went through 14 beta versions and was finally officially released in November 2006. Very delayed, yes, but also with many more features than were originally planned for v1.0.

Since then, there have been a number of updates released, bringing the Battlegrounds software to v1.0.4. (Actually, v1.0.2b is the official release, and v1.0.4 is still in beta status.)

I'll just summarize what's been added in the 2 1/2 months since v1.0 debuted:
  • Finished implementing the Zoom feature
  • The GM can now force the players' view of the map to a specific area and zoom level
  • Added a highly-customizable Autosave feature
  • Added auto-naming of units
  • Units on a map may now be cloned (via copy & paste)
  • Added the ability to select and manipulate multiple units at once
  • You can now deploy many identical units at once
  • Unit deployments can be saved, and they can thereafter be instantly loaded into any Encounter (e.g. the adventuring party in default marching order)
  • The last-used connection settings are now saved between gaming sessions
  • Added new hex base sizes
  • Added many preference settings for customizing your games
  • Deployed units can now be edited
  • Map transfers have been enhanced, and now visually update in real time as new map chunks are received from the GM
  • Figures can now have both a public name (which the players see) and a private name (which the GM sees)
  • Added "map pin" graphics, for placing notes on maps
  • The Fog of War mask can now be set to be any color
  • The chat history can now be exported

In addition to the above, there have been scores of bug fixes, and enhancements to the user interface.

Almost forgot to mention:
FourUglyMonsters.com became the first third-party content supplier for Battlegrounds, featuring 11 sets of high-resolution top-down tokens, and more sets are planned. Check them out here: http://fouruglymonsters.com/onlinestore/index.php?cPath=23&osCsid=09a775fbc14b380420ab6fe7b9af77e4

From now on, I'll try to post on update here every time a significant new version is released.

heruca

Explorer
You mean RPG software-related announcements don't belong in the "Software, Computers and D&D Utilities" forum? I'm confused now. :confused:

Remove ads