• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battlemap software?

Luke

Explorer
Silvanos said:
Luke,

Does it do TCP/IP stuff? Like allow us to play over the internet?

I looked at yours, and I have 6 players, and a DM. So I would be looking at 7 copies. Where with K I can get a DM/Client and 6 floating clients for $100. With yours it looks like $24 apiece.

Do you run specials?

Silva

I did a very preliminary ActiveX control using TCP/IP well over a year ago. It did (does?) basic chat, and allowed a pipe into the RPG engine.

I never really went anywhere with it, because demand seemed very low (especially compared to other stuff).
Its something I want to revisit after the current big feature overhaul I'm currently working on.

If internet is your thing, I'd say go Klooge, for now. RPM's focus is clearly at the 3rd edition mechanics focus, whereas Klooge's is the networking. Cador's group seem to be all located in the same room, so I thought RPM (even now), could be a better fit.

Get back to me in a month if you want to see a fully networked app with very strong 3rd edition game mechanics.

As for registration price - I agree. I'm only really after registrations to help pay for RPM development. I don't have some wild commercial focus, so something like a group special is easy. For example, I typically just send out a free key when asked by somebody from an economically depressed country where the average monthly wage is a few hundred US dollars.

Regards,

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads