• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battletech - Blood of Kerensky

Arkhandus

First Post
Well, I guess I will just preemptively post Johan's movement then. He backs up 3 hexes again, to 36,18, hoping the extra cover will prevent any further hits to his battered 'Mech. He needs to think and see if the enemy will come after him first.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Jemal said:
IC:
Jemal grins as he watches the other fights. Most of them weren't at HIS skill level, obviously, but some of them may be close.
At least he damned freeborn hadn't lucked out like they had a tendency to do.

He leaned over to his sibmate, Vincent "Looks like you're the only 'lucky' one during this batch, Star Commander."
Standing a few paces away, Rylee watches intently the tail end of the trials. She can hear the other pilots chatter, but she ignores them for now. 'Luck will often save a pilot, if thier courage holds true...' She thinks to herself as the battles below rage on.

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
Asher comes into the room looking rather unenthusiastic for having just make warrior. If only... If he's only managed to hold out just a bit longer he would have made commander, he is sure of that. He looks around at the other pilots, wondering how many of them have done better than him. His eyes fall on the only female in the room, standing alone, a few paces away from the rest while the others chatter. He approaches and greets her. "So, how did you fare in the trial?"

Drerek

First Post
Drerek comes walking in. He looks a little singed around the edges. "It was a little warm when I ejected." He cannot help but smile though. He was a warrior now. What a relief. He completely ignores the Freeborn.

Darimaus

First Post
Arkhandus said:
Well, I guess I will just preemptively post Johan's movement then. He backs up 3 hexes again, to 36,18, hoping the extra cover will prevent any further hits to his battered 'Mech. He needs to think and see if the enemy will come after him first.

Oops, sorry. I thought I had posted the Warhawk didn't move once again.

Darimaus

First Post
Brother Allard said:
Wait, what?

Is this forshadowing or did I miss something. Lev isn't dead yet, is he?

Ooops, thats one other thing I forgot to post. I have the results of Lev's Epic Battle.

Lev's Attacks:

Attacks:
Hit Locations:
Crit Threat:

Lev savages the enemy machine's center torso, but by some horrid twist of fate, the machine doesn't go down. He does however, blow its left arm off.

Summoner's Difficulty: Gunnery (+2), 2 Light Forest Hexes (+2)

Ultra AC 20 = 4
LRM 10 = 4
Streak SRM 6 = 4
ER Large Laser = 4
ER Small Laser = 4

Attacks:
Ultra AC/LRM 10 missile hit table: = 2 AC hits, 6 LRM Hits
Hit Locations:

Sadly, the damage from the attack destroys all of Lev's center torso armor and criticals, resulting in the death of Lev's mech.

OOC: Invisible Castle showing its harsh nature once more. I thought I had posted this before I had gone to work, hence the previous post, but I had run out of time and forgot I hadn't put it up. Sorry. You are a warrior though, and if you pull what you did against you first opponent again, promotion won't be far off.

Last edited:

Brother Allard

First Post
Lev cursed and ejected, surprisingly sanguine, all things considered. He was a Mechwarrior. And like all warriors, he knew that he lived on the edge of a knife: the smallest mistake, the slightest disadvantage, could end him in a instant.

Though he had failed to achieve the rank of Star Commander, he had proven himself worthy. And he knew it. He was disappointed with the result. But he could live with it.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Rylee (Blood Scratch)

She eyes the Trueborn suspiciously after he approaches. His question is greeted with silence as her attention returns back to the battles raging on below. ‘No doubt he wants to gloat about his victories…’ She thinks to herself. Just before the silence turns uncomfortable and with her gaze still fixed on the trials, she replies, “Cored the Cougar. It gutted my Gyro.” Her tone is customary for a Freebirth Mech pilot, hard and short.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Still not considering the possibility that the Freeborn he had heard was in the trial could actually have passed, Asher is quite taken aback by the long silence followed by a sudden, sharp, short response. "I suppose I would be irritable as well if I had not even had a chance to fight the second opponent." he thinks. "Uh... Yes, I admit that I underestimated the trial as well. It seems that experience is worth more than I give it credit for. I expected only standard varients as well, and that led me into a nasty surprise."

Jemal

Adventurer
"You underestimated them because you thought you were the best. As we all did. It is what we are bred for, Quiaff?" the dark man cracks his neck, still stiff from the ejection. "But we cannot ALL be the best, and if you assume that you are, the one who IS better will make short work of you. Hell, the fact that the Freebirth did as good as most of us PROVES that we need more practice. We will get it, though. And we WILL prove our true worth. Because we are WOLVES."

Remove ads