BBs Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings (Closed)

BBs

First Post
Wayeen's taunt to the goblin gave it a furious growl, with a leap the goblin barely manages to hit the little guy! The crazed goblin knocks the hero down, and stabs and gashes at him with his dogslicer! However the goblin is distracted as Altira does a 360 degree turning kick into his face and snapping his neck back upside down! The rest of every single goblin starts retreating to the north, given that the word that their Commando was taken out by a group of freaks. As the heroes help Wayeen up, badly hurt but not bleeding to death, Aldern Foxglove yells "HEROES! YOU SAVED US!" It takes a few moments until people creep out of their hiding to notice the group of adventurers now turned to heroes. The crowd gives out a cheer, picks up the group and marches them towards the cathedral for healing and celebration! As the group is carried off being celebrated, the guards of Sandpoint interrogate the Goblins left behind. Most of the goblins jumped off the cliff at Junker's Edge to the north to avoid capture, some disappeared entirely, and some were captured. Interrogations of the goblins prove useless, asking whom their leader was, however most of it was useless. The goblins were just given orders to burn, and kill everyone. The only information revealed was that their leader was "You longshanks!" The group is rewarded by Ameiko Kaijitsu a free week of rooms at the Rusty Dragon for a way of thanks.

However after the group is carried away and no one is left behind the battle scene of the Commando's group, the Goblin Dog's eyes are still glowing red on it's deceased corpse! A shadowy figure is shown looming over the head and waits a few seconds to look at the celebration. The Goblin Dog's corpse then disintegrates to ash, and the cloaked stranger moves to follow the celebrations into town.

OOC: End of Part one finally, lol! ANYWAYS! The goblin managed to hit Wayeen
HTML:
<a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4195155/">1d20+4=19, 1d4+2=4</a>
but not enough for death. To speed things up I took control of the next three turns of the parties' attacks
HTML:
<a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4195161/">1d20+4=17, 1d20+7=12, 1d20+5=16</a>
First roll was Altira's, second was Behemoth's, and third was Edge. All hit, so did Altira's damage first to see if she got the kill, which she did!
HTML:
<a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4195164/">1d6+4=9</a>
Only did hers since if she didn't kill it, Behemoth would. Now the group is celebrated as heroes, yayyy! And are followed by a a stranger that no one notices. On to part TWO!

Rewards: Town's loving recognition
XP: 480 xp for each.

Last edited:

BBs

First Post
Part Two: Local Heroes

Here our little tale continues with the heroes in Snadpoint. Everyone and their nieces and nephews heard the tale of a group of six individuals shatter an army of goblins to save the town! A simple walk down main street is more than enough attention! Local Baker Alma Avertin forcefully gives Wayeen a loaf of bread for fear of him starving! Kat pays a visit to the Hagfish and gains a round of cheer, free beer, and completes a challenge to drink out of Norah's tank and reflexes out before she takes a bite out of him
. Orgyl's visit to Sandpoint Theater results in Cyrdak Drokkus begging him into auditioning for his new play. Savah's Armory gives any of the heroes 20% price off with her stock. All that aside some of the important townsfolk pull some of the heroes aside.

Early in the morning Sheriff Hemlock asks the guard to seek out Orgyl and Kat for some help. Barely awake Hemlock debriefs them at their meeting "Hey there you two, I need some help. Father Zantus asked me for help investigating Tobyn's vault. He noticed the door to it was left ajar, and thinks some sort of goblin is trapped in there. I personally think there is more to it then that, so I thought about asking you out for help. Now come along." Without waiting for a reply Sheriff Hemlock turns and ... leads the way, expecting them to follow. The two heroes look a bit shocked at each other, but decide nothing else is better to do then follow.

Edge was walking down the main street in the morning on his day off from the Rusty Dragon, or a free day off since Ameiko gave it to him. Edge always thought of him as a ladies man and just flaunted it with every girl giggling and blushing as he passed by. However a real challenge comes with Shayliss Vinder, daughter of Ven Vinder who is the owner of Sandpoint General Store, and younger sister of Katrine Vinder. "Hey handsome, I have a rat problem in the general store's basement. Could you just please come and take care of it later today?" After the discussion and Edge's acceptance, DUH!, she leaves for the general store to prepare it for his visit.

During lunch Wayeen devours the bread loaf down in the town square, Aldern Foxglove notices him and beseeches him to join a hunt. "Hey I remember you, you're the little guy who just stood there and taunted that goblin into attacking you! That was just a smashing tactic, and took it like a true man! Say I'm getting ready for a hunt, and I would be honored for you to join me." After the accepted decision is made, Aldern and Wayeen go off to their hunt.

Behemoth decided to take it easy and stay at the Rusty Dragon Inn. With the sky turning dark, He manages to catch Ameiko's attention, and engage in a conversation. "Well I've always had feelings for him, I just-" However this conversation is
interrupted with the tavern doors slamming open. It's Ameiko's father, Lonjiku Kaijitsu who is a noble of Sandpoint and owner of Sandpoint's Glassworks. He yells in a sharp-tongued command in a strange language.

Late in the night, after all the strange events, Altira gets a knock at her room door. It's Ameiko with Amele Barett beside her all teared up and holding her baby, Verah, to her chest with one hand. Her other hand is clinging to the back of her son, Aeren's, shirt. She is swelled up in tears, and Ameiko has to explain for her. "It's her husband, Alergast. Ever since the goblin raid, Aeren has been having night terrors of a goblin in his closet. Well tonight a strange occurence happened in their house. They tried sleeping but the temperature in their house became too hot to the touch. They left the house and Alergast decided to go back in to investigate. That was two hours ago, and Barett came to me begging for help. I'm sorry it is late, but could you please help?" After some
inquiry, Barett leaves Aeren and Verah behind in the Rusty Dragon, and leads Altira to her home.

OOC: Sorry for the whole god hand thing, just speeding things up, roleplay it out how your reaction goes.
OOC: The next post is the beginning of the quests. Each of these quests are at different times of the day, first is Orgyl and Kat, to Edge, to Wayeen, to Behemoth, and then finally Altira.
OOC: anyone can make any post their quest anytime, it is order only in the time of the story, and it's all roleplaying.

Attachments

• Norah.jpg
    Norah.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 636
Last edited:

BBs

First Post
Sheriff Hemlock, Orgyl, and Kat meet up with Father Zantus near the front of Ezakien Tobyn's vault. "Thank you all for comming, this is just wrong! Who would desecrate a tomb? It is just not right!" As the sheriff tries to calm down the father, Orgyl and Kat try to investigate outside the tomb.
OOC: make a perception check of DC 13, if either of you succeed, make a DC 13 survival check

Edge is standing there on the street confounded by his luck! But nearby people are giving him rather strange looks.
OOC: Edge needs to make a DC 20 Diplomacy and/or DC 20 Knowledge Local check from the people.

It takes half an hour for Wayeen and Aldern to make it to Tickwood Forest, during which Aldern asks many questions to Wayeen. "Have you done this before? Where did you come from? Have you ever faced a goblin before? Have you ever traveled around before? Are there others like you?"
OOC: Whether Wayeen answers the questions or not is up to him, but to speed up the process, a DC 13 Survival check is required

Everyone of Sandpoint knows of Lonjiku's position, and return to their meals and hope he ignores them. Lonjiku stalks around the room scanning for someone until his eyes hit Behemoth and Ameiko, he rushes towards them and with a yell goes "You big freak! You think you come here, save town, be praised as heroes?! You cause more problems! Good deeds cause dire consequences! Filthy curs! And you Ameiko! This is your last chance to leave this filthy place and return back home! You've already disgraced your family name enough!" Without hesitation Ameiko snaps back. "I'd rather be boiled up in troll stew then move back with you, you stupid old man!" furious Lonjiku attempts to pull Ameiko by the hair, but she dodges and smacks his hand with a spoon on the table. Things look like they're just heating up between the two, what does Behemoth do?
OOC: This is a total roleplay moment where it depends on Behemoth's actions, go awesome for more XP!

Barett leads Altira to her home. Outside it seems all normal and safe, so Altira goes in and inside is a whole different story! The room itself is the main living room with the kitchen in the back, and the stairs leading upstairs to the left. That's the only normal part, but the temperature drops to unbearable heat! The room itself seems to be "moving" around back and forth with the heat waves, upon the floor is a sweat strain trail leading to the kitchen and upstairs. Altira then notices she herself is drooling and sweating due to the heat, and every time a water hits the floor, it boils and steams up leaving a stain. What does she do in this house of strangeness?
OOC: another roleplaying moment, the better it's played out and explored, the more xp you gain!

Last edited:

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
"Man these humans can be chatty during a hunt" Wayeen said quietly to himself as his travelling companion barraged him with questions. Attempting to shut out the distraction he opened himself up to the wilderness, its sounds, sights, and scents. If there was prey out there, he was sure he would find it.

[sblock=OOC] Wayeen's Survival Check (1d20+10=25)
*Note* Just a reminder that Wayeen has scent which makes it significantly easier to track. The adventure path probably doesn't account for a PC having that. Just thought I would mention. [/sblock]

BBs

First Post
Wayeen succeeds at ignoring the nobleman's bombardment of questions by getting an unnatural scent in the air. He takes the lead and starts following it and tracking it to an opening forest area, loosing the scent. He feels time was wasted until he spots a pure red feather on the ground. He tries to pick it up, but it is actually way too hot to touch, it also felt metallic. "Find anything?" Aldern Foxglove managed to caught up to Wayeen.

[sblock=Wayeen]Now make a Perception check for something else.[/sblock]

BBs

First Post
Wayeen

Ignoring the annoying Aldern has given his perceptive senses enough realized something, there is absolutely no sound. No birds, insects, random animal sounds, there is nothing. This is unnatural and it is scary, especially for a hunter, something is definitely amiss. Wayeen and Aldern take a look around nearby, but nothing seems to turn up, even no red feathered bird, or possible monster. "Guess there is no bite today, sorry for the waste of time." Aldern packs up and goes, Wayeen has no choice but to follow.

Orgyl and Kat
As Orgyl asks his questions, he realizes the answer. There is no remains in the vault. I see you've already realized, there are no remains of our ancestors! Who would do something like this? It is beyond barbaric! It is fiendish! Especially the recent one of Ezekien's, not only are the remains missing, but the tomb is defiled!" Father Zantus points out the tomb of Ezakien's, and it is destroyed! It seems as if it was melted open and desecrated. Orgyl takes another look around and deduces that the vault was entered by six goblins, one humanoid. Sheriff Hemlock observes the heroes, having the look in his eye that he has already deduced the scene, but is testing if the heroes can piece the puzzle together.

[sblock=OOC]
So Wayeen's part is done, can roleplay it out, for all the successful checks you will reward the group XP Yayyy! I am presuming that second link is your survival check Orgyl, for you linked perception 2, and I am also presuming you were successful at it ... if not, OWELL! You make both! Lets see if you can find out what the Sheriff figured out, and we'll wait out for Kat. Rest of yous posts already and be creative for XP! Hehe! ;)
[/sblock]

The Joker

First Post
Edge raised an eyebrow... was he walking into some sort of trap or was this a social thing? At the time he didn't care. Any work that was just him doing it all ways netted more coin and that was something he could get behind. But as time went on the staring was starting to get to him. As she walked he lagged behind a bit and turned toward one of the ladies on the street.

Excuse me madam, i hate to be about her, but could i inquire as to why i am getting the apprehensive looks?”

He flipped he golden blond hair and smiled.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4215032/

Last edited:

Remove ads