D&D 5E Beadle & Grimm's 'Legendary Edition' Curse of Strahd

If the recently announced "Revamped Edition" of the D&D adventure Curse of Strahd from WotC wasn't enough for you, Beadle & Grimm have upped the ante with a Legendary Edition for $359.

BG-Strahd-Mock-Up-R2.jpg

This one doesn't come in a coffin-shaped box, but it does include 17 battle maps of the entirely of Castle Ravenloft, a canvas map of Barovia, 60 encounter cards, player handouts, jewelry, a DM screen, and ... some finger puppets?

D&D_FingerPuppet_Designs_crop.jpg

InnerDM.jpg

Of course, if you want to up your iconic vampire game, Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters includes the OG vampire, a certain Mr. Dracula at a meaty CR 23.

Last edited:

Nebulous

Legend
If I wasn't running this on Roll20 AND there was no pandemic, I'd probably buy that. It's extravagant though, I would get my players to chip in a little.

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
I’d probably get it if I believed it would be possible to safely return to in-person games anytime soon.

But sadly it doesn’t look that way.

So is this going to be the original or updated version?

The finger puppets are a hoot. My brother and I were joking about doing Curse of Strahd, but as a Mel Brooks-style comedy.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I really enjoyed running curse of Strahd, but am not a fan of cute tchotchkes like the finger puppets. The maps would be nice, but I bought the Schley map back, and 2D remaking of the Ravenloft maps from some guy on D&D Beyond and printed with a large format printer for less money. Now I'm running games on a VTT, so what I would really like are more tool-neutral VTT-ready maps and tokens for official adventures.

TheSword

Legend
Comedy and horror go very well together. Everyone is laughing and joking and that’s when the creature bursts out of your stomach.

TheSword

Legend
I really enjoyed running curse of Strahd, but am not a fan of cute tchotchkes like the finger puppets. The maps would be nice, but I bought the Schley map back, and 2D remaking of the Ravenloft maps from some guy on D&D Beyond and printed with a large format printer for less money. Now I'm running games on a VTT, so what I would really like are more tool-neutral VTT-ready maps and tokens for official adventures.
the Mike Schley maps really are beautiful. I ended up buying a lot In that style from DMguild for Dragon Heist as the style looks so good. His map packs are a bargain and can be used over and over again. The Tomb of Annihilation ones made that campaign for me! I was gutted to see he wasn’t being used for later products and the simple (but clean) Dyson Logos ones were being used instead. Just not good enough for VTT.

Here’s the link to Eventyr Games that use the Schley Style.
Dungeon Masters Guild

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
the Mike Schley maps really are beautiful. I ended up buying a lot In that style from DMguild for Dragon Heist as the style looks so good. His map packs are a bargain and can be used over and over again. The Tomb of Annihilation ones made that campaign for me! I was gutted to see he wasn’t being used for later products and the simple (but clean) Dyson Logos ones were being used instead. Just not good enough for VTT.

Here’s the link to Eventyr Games that use the Schley Style.
Dungeon Masters Guild

Yeah, I'm also a big fan of Blando and backed his Kickstarter for a while. Great maps, but I'm at the point where I would rather pay a bit more and just buy the maps that I want or need now, rather than building up a huge library of maps and materials I may never use. Still, the Blando maps are just awesome for VTT and for large-scale printing.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Comedy and horror go very well together. Everyone is laughing and joking and that’s when the creature bursts out of your stomach.
Comedy and horror are like peanut butter and chocolate. They go together incredibly well, but also sometimes you just want some 80% cacao.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases