• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bear Warrior

masternone

First Post
Back on topic

sledged said:
In the Complete Warrior, the bear warrior's bear form ability states A bear warrior's only limit on the number of times per day he can assume a bear form is the number of times per day he enters a rage or frenzy. Then later on in the descriptions of the bear types it says at first level a bear warrior can assume bear form once per day, at 5th level twice per day, and at 10th level three times per day.

So which is it? Is it the number of times he can rage? A fixed number of time determined by his class level? or a combination of the two?

My interpretation is that the number of time per day you can rage or frenzy acts like an absolute upper limit on the number of times you can assume a bear form. So if you could only rage or frenzy 1 a day and were a 5th level bear warrior with two bear forms a day you could only use this ability once a day.

Oscar said:
The psychofeedback are a broken and unbalancing power what grants you unnamed bonus on one stat at high cost, after you need a greater restoration.

It doesn't work that way. Ability burn cannot be healed via magic or psionics. Period. So you walk around with 20 points of ability burn for the next 20 days.

sledged

First Post
Chun-tzu said:
Well, the Bear Warrior first appeared in Oriental Adventures, and the original 3.0 text does not have that line about number of transformations being limited by number of times he can rage. In the 3.0 version, it was limited by levels (once a day at level 1, twice a day at level 4...).

That suggests to me that they intended to change it to number of times he can rage, and the editing was sloppy and they didn't remove the contradictory text.
After looking up the OA's bear warrior it all makes so much more sense now. Your estimation of the PrC sounds right. I'm going with the only limit being number of rages. Or rather he can transform as often as he likes, but he as to be in a rage/frenzy/battle fury/tantrum/hissy fit/etc in order to do so.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads