Before the Rise of Tiamat

gnarlygninja

Explorer
"Those hedges have enough space to hide in, or at least they did when I was a child. It won't be a comfortable fit in for the two of you but there should be just enough room. They don't run the whole way to the temple but it's enough for us to hopefully avoid getting killed. I'm not really in shape for another fight." Lyle picks up his dagger as he heads to the bushes.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"As ye say lad, we c'n try if'n ye think ye c'n pull it off."

Mornok headed for the bushes in question, looking for a way in for a full sized dwarf.

Envisioner

Explorer
OOC: I changed my mind, we'll fiat that Mornok succeeds at the hide check since it was his idea in the first place. If nothing else, there's a rule somewhere about allowing one character to take disadvantage in order to give an ally advantage; with a rule as good as Lyle's, we can assume he succeeds in hiding his buddy as well as himself.

As the three hide amid the hedgerows surrounding a slightly larger cottage, they see a half-dozen of the black-armored cultists converge on the area where Ishka, Zigmar and Skorob lie comatose. A single bearded wizard in a purple robe soon arrives and takes command of the situation. "Sergeant! What have you found." His question is answered by a massively burly fellow whose armor is particularly fanciful, with several artistic flourishes reminiscent of a black dragon. The sergeant gives a summary of what his group was doing when they head Ishka cry out; apparently these men, and the kobolds who are semi-enslaved by them sort-of-willingly, have been looting the town and collecting any and all monies and items of value which they've managed to find. Discussing the situation, they quickly come to the conclusion that "somebody playing hero" must have attacked the trio and then "scattered"; the sergeant opines that they may well be hiding in the area, and that the kobolds should be brought in to search the various nooks and crannies nearby, but the wizard vetoes this plan. "If we have a bunch of resisters trying to disrupt our operation, they'll make themselves obvious soon enough; the kobolds need to stick to what they're good at, not go snooping around and possibly finding items of value which they might 'forget' to hand over to the Goddess."

gnarlygninja

Explorer
Lyle shifts uncomfortably. The hedge has grown tighter since he hid here as a child, and he never hid with full grown dwarves. "That's a few too many for a fair fight. Either of you know what to make of all that? I'm good with 'finding items of value' but goddesses are a little outside my purview."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mornok puts a finger to his mouth and then gestures with 2 fingers to his eyes and then pointing them towards the wizard. He does his vest for now to simply try to see any kind of identifying symbology on the wizard's clothing or gear although he does look at the others as well.

I'm thinking investigation, looking for clues?

Investigation: 1d20+6 14

Remove ads