Starfinder Behold The STARFINDER Core Rulebook Cover!

Last night, Paizo revealed the final cover for its upcoming Starfinder Core Rulebook! Starfinder, based on the Pathfinder rules, is due for release this August. A 582-page book, with a cover illustration by Remko Troost.

Last night, Paizo revealed the final cover for its upcoming Starfinder Core Rulebook! Starfinder, based on the Pathfinder rules, is due for release this August. A 582-page book, with a cover illustration by Remko Troost.

C7peEAfVQAAh_c1.jpg

SaveSave
SaveSave

Mercurius

Legend
If you're going to make snide comments about the originality of somebody else's art, at least try to come up with your own phrase. ;)

Huh? I wasn't saying anything about the originality of the art - just saying that it reminds me of GotG. No need to get tiffy! ;)

If I did not know what the game was , I would totally pass this by on the shelf. Covers that don't show some kind of action the game represents and instead show only static posed "hey, don't I look so totally effin awesome?" characters are boooooooorrrrrriiiinnnnnggg., Afaic.
Agreed. It doesn't give you any context. Just characters posing. Very bland.
What's the context? Are these heroes? Scoundrels? Is the tone epic or gritty? What is this game about?

It's very much like the cover of the 4e PHB rather than the Pathfinder Core Rulebook or the 5e PHB.

Paizo's Art Director should take a look at how FFG does their Star Wars corebooks in mixing iconic characters in a static pose and a scene that conveys adventure/action.
Which is curious, as that's the design of the Pathfinder Adventure Path covers. Which work very nicely.

I think the art is great but I find it a little strange it is entirely sci-fi. Nothing on the cover says "science fantasy" even to the extent of Star Wars, let alone the Pathfinder in Space they have made Starfinder sound like thus far. Does that mean the magical elements in the game will be more subdued than we have been led to believe, or just that they wanted something really space opera for the cover?
Also agreed.
Other than the sword and energy axe there's no sign of fantasy. No magic. No sign of gods/clerics. No space dragons.

Give me a picture of a bunch of heroes at the helm of spaceship fighting a cyborg dragon.

ddaley

Explorer
The cover doesn't concern me much. I'll wait and see what the content is like.

I just checked out the FFG Star Wars covers again, since someone mentioned them. I own the core books and a few modules. I am not that impressed with the FFG covers, and honestly hadn't paid much attention to them. We played 1 session of FFG's Star Wars and haven't played again, because we didn't care for the mechanics (content)... the cover couldn't save them.

Remove ads

Remove ads