Belated absence

s@squ@tch

First Post
We've got a nice blanket of snow today -- driving back from Ohio yesterday threw the blizzard was not as fun though. Winter weather -- looks so much nicer when you don't have to travel in/through it.

Rhun

First Post
Do you guys watch football? Did you see the collapse of the roof at the Metrodome in Minneapolis? That was pretty impressive. Good thing it happened before the game!

drothgery

First Post
Do you guys watch football? Did you see the collapse of the roof at the Metrodome in Minneapolis? That was pretty impressive. Good thing it happened before the game!

You're saying burying the Vikings in snow would be a bad thing? :)

(Yes, I'm a Packers fan)

s@squ@tch

First Post
I found it odd that they're playing the makeup game in MICHIGAN of all places. Odd.

But yes, the roof collapsing was an odd sight to see, but I guess the place is 28 years old now.

drothgery

First Post
I found it odd that they're playing the makeup game in MICHIGAN of all places. Odd.

But yes, the roof collapsing was an odd sight to see, but I guess the place is 28 years old now.

It was probably the nearest NFL-sized (or at least close to NFL-sized) stadium they could get ready in time (especially since a TV crew was already there). The University of Minnesota's outdoor stadium was closed down for the winter (so they'd never get the snow cleared off by tonight, though odds are the Vikings regular season home finale will be played there), and I'd guess the same for Wisconsin and Iowa's. Lambeau isn't very easy to get to from outside Wisconsin. I think Soldier Field has real grass, so you don't want two games in two days there. Which pretty much makes it the domes in Detroit or St. Louis.

Remove ads