D&D 5E Beowulf 5E: The Hermit's Sanctuary Free Adventure

You can download a free D&D adventure called The Hermit's Sanctuary from Handiwork Games, as part of their upcoming 5E-powered Beowulf: Age of Heroes setting. It's designed for one player and one GM, so great for those at home during the pandemic! It's quite the package, too! You get a 52-page adventure, battle maps, four regenerated characters, tokens, character sheets, rules quick sheet...

You can download a free D&D adventure called The Hermit's Sanctuary from Handiwork Games, as part of their upcoming 5E-powered Beowulf: Age of Heroes setting. It's designed for one player and one GM, so great for those at home during the pandemic!

Hermits_promo2_800.jpg

It's quite the package, too! You get a 52-page adventure, battle maps, four regenerated characters, tokens, character sheets, rules quick sheet, and adventure flowcharts. All for free!

Also, if you're looking for stats for Beowulf himself, be sure to check out this 2018 entry in Mike Myler's Mythological Figures column!

Beowulf is one of the oldest myths around - an epic tale of a hero against monsters. Handiwork Games is releasing a 5E setting designed for duet play, with new subclasses like the Hero. It's coming to Kickstarter pretty soon.

But anyway. Download the free adventure!

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
My download was 368 megs of free-RPG goodness. ...because I downloaded three copies of the printable maps. Oops. I'm still looking for a key to pronouncing the Anglo-Saxon (?) spellings, but otherwise it's looking like loads of fun!

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
As with most of Jon rpg stuff, its a lot of wonderful ideas. I love the basic rules with portent/voyage and Meadhall mechanics that were built on the journey/audience rules from AiME it would seem.

I especially love how the game handle Followers: it simple, yet elegant.

I really wish this was not for a single player and DM or it contained modification information for a full party. It looks cool but as is I can’t and won’t really use it.

GlassJaw

Hero
As with most of Jon rpg stuff, its a lot of wonderful ideas. I love the basic rules with portent/voyage and Meadhall mechanics that were built on the journey/audience rules from AiME it would seem.

Just downloaded and taking a quick look. I already love the social "skill challenges" for NPCs! That is AWESOME.

Tales and Chronicles

I really wish this was not for a single player and DM or it contained modification information for a full party. It looks cool but as is I can’t and won’t really use it.
If memory serves, the full rules are supposed to have advice on how to run with more than one player.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I am so freakin' excited about this. I was that kid in high school who adored Beowulf, the Canterbury Tales (not JUST the dirty ones!) and the Odyssey.

My 12 year old and I will be trying this out this weekend. I hope he'll vouch for me when my wife wants to know why I'm backing yet another Kickstarter campaign.

Tales and Chronicles

I'm currently running BG 1 (the video game) as a tabletop adventure for my group and I had a hard time handling all the fun NPCs since I have already 7 players. Those followers rules are exactly what I want, and I already use an Inspiration pool for my players. I'll just print Jon's 3-part pool and grant the players the ability to transfer Inspiration tokens from their pool to the Follower's. As an added benefice, my monsters will now have access to their own Inspiration pool! :devil: Players will be able to spend Follower Inspiration to activate their followers and use one of their trait, then they'll be spent a fade back to the background. Simple, short and sweet!

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester

I think I might just run this in my AiME game (which i hope picks back up)

Remove ads

Remove ads