Besides D&D, what are you playing?

Had to cancel last weekend's Blades in the Dark session due to a family emergency. Am running Pipedream, a Cthulhu Dark hack of my own design at this weekend's A Good Day To Dice online mini-convention. It's a comedy-horror game about halfling investigators tackling problems too big to fight, with nothing but wits, guile and lots of magic pipe-weed.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
Having our bimonthly gathering of GMs tonight.

Trying to figure out gaming during the week with new lifting program.

Vampire (set in modern Amsterdam) tomorrow afternoon. We are starting play as mortals. I am playing an Israeli venture capitalist with ties to the intelligence world. The other player is playing a refugee from Mali who is haunted by her past.

We might add another player soon.

Lancer has been a whirlwind so far. I honestly have no idea when it will end. One of the player's just found out they are the clone of a significant historical figure and their mentor might be family. There will probably be sparks, but first they will probably attempt to recover 12 ancient techno-organic life forms from a terrorist group with that player's mech being out of commission (both weapons arrays are destroyed).

I'm running a small campaign on and off again, for those cases when we have an incomplete group to run our scifi or pirate campaign. This extra campaign is a horror campaign using D20 Cthulhu rules, called HORROR AT THE HUXLEY HOUSE. We run this campaign via Roll20, and its all in black and white. I've commented on this campaign before, but this time around I'll share more of the actual plot.

BigComboTrailer.jpg

Plot:

The players are investigators hired by the Heritage foundation, a secret organization based in London, that investigates the paranormal during the 1930's. Heritage is custodian to various possibly dangerous paranormal objects in the UK, among which the Huxley House is their most dangerous object. The Huxley House is not a normal house. It is a convergence point of so called Schisms in our reality. A briljant and crazy scientist called Benjamin Huxley came up with a theory that history actually repeats itself, because our timeline is being altered by some unknown force. And these alterations create warps or stitches in our space time continuum called Schisms. He came up with a series of mathematical equations that could to some degree predict when and where these Schisms would occur, and these formulas lead him to a strange house that seems to be at the center of it all.

After Huxley was committed to a mental asylum, his research became scattered among private collectors. The Veridical Gentleman's Club (later renamed to the Veridical Society) dedicated themselves to continuing Huxley's research, and protecting the common people from the dangers of these paranormal events. But eventually in-fighting caused the organization to separate into two new organizations: Heritage and NEST. During the adventure, the players will have to deal with two members of NEST, who may not have the same goal as them.

Flash forward to the year 1936; It is the great depression, right after the first world war. Earlier that year, the Huxley House burns down, and reappears unscathed a month later. About a month before the investigation begins, a member of Heritage is lost in the house. And lastly, just 2 days before the investigation a loud and terrifying sound is heard all over London, that prompts Heritage to start their investigation.

The players are tasked with investigating what is going on with the house, and how to put an end to its strange behavior. The head of Heritage, Ernest Hall, believes the house to be like a pressure cooker. Safeties that were installed by Heritage in the past, may now be causing the house to become unstable. The players must reach a part of the house called The Inner House and open the Vault, to release the pressure. But during this investigation they may learn the true purpose and nature of the house. The house is also full of dangers. Horrifying creatures from outside our reality fester inside the house, eager to stop the players from reaching their goal. The closer they get to their goal, the more peril they will find themselves in.

Last edited:

aramis erak

Legend
Due to running out of playtest material... switched back to Vaesen for friday (but no game this week), and for sunday (last week and this week), and Pugmire for Wednesday.
Probably going to be the two key ones for the next month or two.
We all want to go back to Dune when the corebook drops.

Remove ads