Besides D&D, what are you playing?

Kersus

Explorer
Travaller! The GM went mad and bought all the content for Pirates of Drinax. Also, while I am running a 3.5 homebrew hexcrawl on roll20, we will be transitioning to Alien. I am keeping myself from even cracking the Alien book until we are close to done in the hexcrawl. I don't wanna get too excited and end the hexcrawl early.
Drinax is so heavy with material. So much to read before even starting.

Kersus

Explorer
Many would count PF as D&D... many count a wide range of OSR games as D&D as well.

Not claiming you're wrong, just pointing out that playing a game that shares 99% of the tropes and abut 50% of the mechanical elements as a D&D edition is like saying, "I'm not using an 586 computer" when you're using an AMD k5 cpu.
Indeed. While there are dramatic 'feels' differences between OD&D->1e and 2e-5e it's all D&D. Anything d20 based would have to be foundationally different. Even then, breaking d20 into 5% chunks for a derivative percentile system could really still be D&D. They're all gateway games to a much bigger world of role-playing! Each fun in their own way.

univoxs

That's my dog, Walter
Supporter
Is some of the material available on Roll20 or is he building it up from scratch?

Just character sheets, from what I know. We are buying map tiles from drivethrurpg to ease the burden. On the one hand I am surprised there were premade sheets on roll20 but on the other, determined Travaller players are just the type to make a very good sheet.

Nine Hands

Explorer
I'm running both Deadlands Classic (in the City of Dodge City) and my homebrew mecha game (basically a complete reboot of the Robotech universe). They are both on Obsidian Portal if anyone is interested in a link.

I'm running a Blades in the Dark campaign over Discord video chat. It started out pretty well and we just finished our first Downtime session, full of new NPCs, players establishing their leisure activities and their lair (in the catacombs under the red-light district of the city). The spymaster PC even started some rumour campaigns to get heat off their back and onto a different gang.

My players are all involved in other online games. Two have D&D games (still the popular game here in Malaysia). One just ran a Warbirds one-shot for the local monthly gaming event, A Good Day To Dice (now an online meetup of course). And the fourth just played in a playtest of a new teen supers game called Student Protectors of Malaysia.

Good times, all things considered.

I've just gotten back into Assassin's Creed. Deciding to skip the 1st game was definitely a wise choice. (I had beaten one of the later games, but wanted to go back to the beginning so I understood more of the story line.) Besides, it is good for the kids to get booted from the Playstation every once in a while.

manduck

Explorer
My group is trying out Rotted Capes. We also break out Worlds in Peril fairly often and Gumshoe for Call of Cthulu. We like to mix things up. We break the gaming year out into "seasons" so that one person doesn't get stuck running all the time and can play. Plus it gives people itching to run something time in the big chair. So every couple of months we switch games. Then we circle back around and pick up where we left off in a previous game. We have two main games right now, D&D and Rotted Capes. Around holiday season we play one shots or shorter games.

Remove ads