• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E best 4e adventures?

LostSoul

Adventurer
I liked Thunderspire Labyrinth - though a lot of what we did was the "side" adventures. It was pretty cool. Probably because the PCs were in hostile territory and couldn't easily regain healing surges/daily powers.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
If you open up to 3rd party pre-made, I'd recommend Goodman Games' Curse of the Kingspire as a lvl 5-7 mod. Vor R'koth was an interesting one, and I liked Demon Queen's Enclave.

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi,

I'm running P1 King of the Trollhaunt Warrens at the moment and we're having fun. There's a lot of combat in it but there's a decent story behind it and a cool villain (as someone mentioned upthread). I have read both Reavers of Harkenwold and Madness at Gardmore Abbey and they both look great – I have vague plans to run them in the future if I get the opportunity. I'm also playing in The Slaying Stone (very good) and the Dungeon G1 conversion (brutal but fun).

My main recommendation for 4e though is Courts of the Shadow Fey by Wolfgang Baur from Open Design/Kobold Press - it's just not like any other 4e adventure, has a great setting and plenty of intrigue, roleplaying and weirdness as well as some memorable villains and combats. It's also worth checking out Wrath of the River King and Halls of the Mountain King if you get the chance - both of these were patron-only projects but we had loads of fun playing these.

Oh, and Sellswords of Punjar which S'mon mentioned is good fun too.

Hope this helps

Richard

RichGreen

Adventurer
I liked Thunderspire Labyrinth - though a lot of what we did was the "side" adventures. It was pretty cool. Probably because the PCs were in hostile territory and couldn't easily regain healing surges/daily powers.
Forgot this one - probably the best of the HPE series. Great background setting and some fun set piece combats.

Glad some one mentioned "Courts of the Shadow Fey" if only 4th edition had attracted more third party modules of this quality - Lost City is worth a mention here too...

Pour

First Post
I know this is an old one, but I was able to do a lot with Shadows of Mirahan, the Goodman 4e adventure based on the world of Frazzetta's Deathdealer. PCs have to defend against a siege of undead with a nice map of the old fortress, there's some great characters and locations, and an overall gritty, dark fantasy that I always enjoy. A fun critical table is in there, too.

DM Marcus

First Post
This interests me too. I will have to check it out. And to second some others, our table really enjoyed The Slaying Stone for a short story-arc in our campaign.

Arlough

Explorer
You are thinking of Heart of the Forbidden Forge, Dungeon 155. I am fond of that one too, although I never ran it.

FYI, you want Dungeon 167 from June 2009.

I was trying to remember this adventure. I am starting with a new group soon, but I just don't have time to sandbox a world, so I decided this time I was going to go with ready made adventures. I like the alignment ambiguity of Eberron, but I couldn't find much in the way of adventures for it, so I was beginning to convert some, but I am glad to know that level 7 is already taken care of.

It is an Eberron adventure for five 7th level characters and fits in nicely after Seekers of the Ashen Crown. The total XP available is 18627.
If you start at level 7 [10000 XP], with a party of 5, each character should receive between 3595 to 3725 XP, give or take, which is enough to take each character up to level 8 before the last battle.

Remove ads