• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best Book for Castle Building?

Lucias

First Post
So I'm planning a no-stress 3.5 campaign for my group. We haven't played D&D for a while, but are looking forward to getting back to it after such a long break.

So the campaign is going to start off with NG's Crucible of Freya in which the PCs will end up with a ruined keep all to themselves. I'll be running various adventures using the keep as a home base and plan on the characters rebuilding and adding onto the keep...eventually to the point where farmers start to move into the area.

So I need a book that can handle both keep construction and maintenance of nearby resources. I have Fields of Blood, but its not quite right for this (but still an excellent book). WOTC's SBG doesn't seem to have quite what I need either. I've been reading reviews on Mongoose's Strongholds and Dynasties and it looks like it fits the bill.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
"A Magical Medieval Society: Western Europe" is a very good resource for this. It involves some math, but it shouldn't be too difficult... and if I remember correctly, one of the examples include enlarging an older building.

Remove ads