• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best.Character.Name.Evar!!!!!!!!111!!

MasterLich

First Post
Bayne, the Lawful Good cleric/paladin of the Church of Pheon (Pelor esk.) Whenever he introduces himself, it is alsway "Hi, I'm Bayne, with a Y". Freaked out a few NPCs already. HEHEHEHE

cptg1481

First Post
Circa 1979 (and Pre-movie, I think, anyway pre-me-seeing it)

I had a character named Rambo (an assassin, of course as were all my AD&D characters prior to maturity)......which I just came up with like all others by finding something close to Randy.

Wish I had a copyright or something back then I'd be rich....BWAHAHAHAHAH!

Henry

Autoexreginated
Filirw "Buckshot" Cormobel of Corm Orp. Halfling archer from Hades with the unpronouncable name (actually, it was, it's just that most people didn't get the "fill-IHR-way" until I pronounced it).

Darth Shoju

First Post
names

These may not be the most awesome names ever but I think they are pretty decent. :D
The character I'm currently playing is Haldiir Kaldeskyre. The first name is a rip off of Tolkien obviously, and the last name was inspired by something from Tad Williams's Memory, Sorrow and Thorn series. The name has really just stuck on me for some reason.

Another of my favs is Smirichen "Smich" Olipo, a human character I played in a d20 Star Wars campaign. It was made using that Star Wars name thing, where you take the first couple letters from your last name, the name of where you were born, mother's maiden name and so on. Lol I think there is a similar trick to figuring out your pr0n name too. I also played a Rodian bounty hunter named Greebus. His idol was Greedo, so the name is a take-off of that and the Simpsons ("Save me Jeebus!"-Homer). :p

But one friend of mine had the best names for characters (old 2nd Ed. Ad&D):
Czar of the Dragon's Belly; a gladiator who wielded a trident and revered Poseidon (even though the campaign was set in Greyhawk lol)
Son of the Wind; a monk who ended up as a tree
Ratlock I, II, III; a shifty human thief, was actually a character who spanned multiple campaigns (and was technically three different characters). The third one ended up on the Greyhawk city council. He always makes me think of Matlock as a wererat or something. :p

Last edited:

The funniest name I ever saw was Macwood Fleetfoot. But now I can't remember where I saw it. I think it was in someone's story hour on EN World. Cracks me up every time I say it out loud.

daTim

First Post
Cash Hunter

Named after a friend of mine in highschool. That was his real name!
Cash was a lvl 10 TN halfling thief who we ran through return to the tomb of horrors. He went nearly insane right at the begening when he read out loud from the book of vile darkness, proceded to steal everythign in the dungeon, got his whole party killed, looted them and was on his way out when I was killed by one party member I had forgotten about. I remember with much glee he was so encumbered with treasure he could only move 2 feet a round.

Remove ads