Best D&D Novels- Of All TIme

So many...… I'll go by campaign world-

DARKSUN TROY DENNING "PRISM PENTAD" describes and gives life to a truly unique game world. Though it faltered some towards the end, there is a huge scope to the over-all storyline. Also of note is LYNN ABBEY's Pavak and Hamanu series. I truly wished Novels like this fleshed out the other Sorcerer Kings and Queens.

EBERRON Loved both story arcs by DON BASSINGTHWAITE. Especially the second arc. Never cared for polital tales but this one was great. JAMES WYATT's STORM DRAGON was also incredible in scope and importance. I also have to mention TIM WAGGONER's "BLADE OF THE FLAME" that was one of the best "Buddy" stories I have ever read.

FORGOTTEN REALMS I have not read a lot FR novels but RA SALATORE's work is incredible. I also enjoyed his Cleric Quintet series. And for another "Buddy" series there is KATE NOVAK and JEFF GRUBB's AZURE BONDS series- my first love in DnD novels.

GREYHAWK MARGARET WEIS and TRACY HICKMAN's first trilogy was my introduction to Grey Hawk. Great stories and I wish to get more.

RAVENLOFT Only have a few of their books but JAMES LOWDER's KNIGHT OF THE BLACK ROSE was a great read.

All of these I completely enjoyed but it really comes down to style, game world and characters one enjoys. Then of course- how well written it is.

Still want Nibenay and Wanderer Novels hint hint ;)

Remove ads