Best Game Aids

MINI

First Post
I haven't seen many aids thrown up that look like they are for online gaming... but my site has a ton and they are all FREE as is openRPG, the program everything is designed around. My site is in my signature and the interface can be gotten at http://openrpg.digitalxero.net/wiki/

Install python2.5, wxpython and then the windows installer in that order.

DonTadow

First Post
MINI said:
I haven't seen many aids thrown up that look like they are for online gaming... but my site has a ton and they are all FREE as is openRPG, the program everything is designed around. My site is in my signature and the interface can be gotten at http://openrpg.digitalxero.net/wiki/

Install python2.5, wxpython and then the windows installer in that order.
though I use it for maps with a projector, maptools, at rptools.net is primarily an online gaming aid.

jrients

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
Isn't that the core problem with all critical hit systems including the default is that the characters are going to be suffering through those rules in every encounter while the bad guys generally top out at the one encounter they're in?

IIRC Robin Laws dodged that in his Rune RPG by only allowing NPCs to suffer from certain effects.

Jason Bulmahn

Adventurer
JoeGKushner said:
Isn't that the core problem with all critical hit systems including the default in that the characters are going to be suffering through those rules in every encounter while the bad guys generally top out at the one encounter they're in?

Our system avoids this problem by making it primarily a player tool. DMs only get to draw from it occassionally (of course, Erik gave it the hard core playtest and drew a card for every NPC crit... nasty).

Jason Bulmahn
GameMastery Brand Manager

Gallo22

First Post
Zaukrie said:
I met them at Gen Con, without knowing they were local. I bought the product the moment I saw it in use at Gen Con. My only real impulse buy there, and I'm glad I did.

Ditto! re: "Open Mind Games' Combat Pad"

Best product I've ever bought at a convention! ;)

Last edited:

Jarrod

First Post
A lot of things that were already mentioned...

I'll also plug The Other Gaming Company's spell/condition/item cards. Those things are great quick references, and you can print them out yourself. We recently went to item cards for tracking expendables, and people have started getting addicted.

DonTadow

First Post
Firebeetle said:
A Turn of Events

Your wish is granted.

I am happy to provide struggling publishers like Paizo ideas that they can use to make it in the tough RPG market. ; >
Yeah, these things are great. One of the best products I've reviewed. My group loves them. They aren't too powerful but are good enough to make them covetted.

Remove ads