Best Healer?

Shin Okada

Explorer
I vote for a Bard with Virtue of Valor if your party is full of strikers. You will likely to give some temporally HP to someone every round. Also, strikers tend to have only small number of healing surges per day. So, virtual healing (temp hp) without spending healing surge will help much.

Also, if you really needed, a bard can take multiclass feats from more than one class. That means, you may learn Initiate of the faith to gain Healing Word 1/day & Student of Battle to gain Inspiring word 1/day, if you really need.

Last edited:

On Puget Sound

First Post
cleric for sure. Get beacon of hope.
1st feat should be multiclass of another healer class, to give you a 3rd heal per encounter.
all else is optional.

Shin Okada

Explorer
There is another option. If your party does not have a single defender, you can play a defender which heals much. Wisdom/Charisma Paladin with lay on hands class power, Healing Hands and Devoted Paladin feats, then proceed into Hospitaler. You may also take Bardic Dilettante multiclass bard feat for using Majestic Word 1/day.

keterys

First Post
Then take Channel Divinity: something else?

Doesn't help. You can either channel divinity natively once per encounter, or you get it once per day (see below). Neither helps a warlord or someone else to Healer's Mercy every encounter.

Much like the other above suggestion "1st feat should be multiclass of another healer class, to give you a 3rd heal per encounter." doesn't give you a 3rd heal per encounter, but an extra one _per day_... unless you spend two multiclass feats to go shaman, then pick up the shaman's once per encounter.

Divine Channeler
Benefit: Choose a divine class other than your own and a Channel Divinity power available as a class feature for that class.
If you don’t already have the Channel Divinity class feature, you can use the selected Channel Divinity power once per day.
If you already have the Channel Divinity class feature, add the selected Channel Divinity power to your list of available Channel Divinity powers.

mkill

Adventurer
There is another option. If your party does not have a single defender, you can play a defender which heals much. Wisdom/Charisma Paladin with lay on hands class power, Healing Hands and Devoted Paladin feats, then proceed into Hospitaler. You may also take Bardic Dilettante multiclass bard feat for using Majestic Word 1/day.

I'll second here. A party full of strikers needs a solid defender more than a leader, especially if the players haven't advanced past "I kill him before you do" tactics. The idea is "preemptive healing": the monster attack fails at your high defenses, so no healing is necessary in the first place.

Having no leader for a while could also be educational, as it punishes strikers for suicidal "I charge in and take on them all" tactics.

Remove ads