D&D 5E Best low/no prep Tier 1 AL modules

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
I’ve started play AL at an FLGS in my area. Yesterday they were long on players and short on DMs, so I agreed to DM a table. Fortunately I have DM’d a few AL modules, even though I haven’t done so as official AL before. I was able to have them print out one I’d run before yesterday. While I go to play not to DM, I’m guessing I may be pressed into service again on short notice. What would be some good AL modules to have in my stash that can be run with essentially no prep, besides having read them once in the past? I’m not interested in the Curse of Strahd season, and I’d prefer to avoid Descent, as I’m playing in that season.

aco175

Legend
I have DMd In Volos Wake. I takes place around Phandalin and is divided into (5) 1-hour segments so it is easy to pick and choose as you go.

I also DMd 2 modules that had to do with the Marsh of Chelimber. They were ok and easy to learn fast.

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Thank you! I have both of the Chelimber modules, but hadn't thought of them. I'll give them a re-read as I have time, and print them out to put in an "emergency DM" folder. In Volo's Wake is new to me, but looks like it could be a good one to keep on hand, too. My table last Saturday was all Middle School boys, and some of them couldn't stay the full 4 hours. Having a set of 1 hour adventures to pick and choose from would have been handy. I've run Lost Mines, so the setting is familiar to me.

jasper

Rotten DM
06-01 a thousand tiny deaths. New kobolds and beeker will kill you and eat your lunch.
CCCc-ghc- bk1-07 (hike) the peculiar case of felines if you like cats.
CCc-priory-01 Martime Mayhem takes place in mostly one location.

Remove ads