D&D 5E Best on screen adaptation of the bard (poll)

Which top adaptations on screen of the bard do you feel best represents the D&D bard?

• Fflewddur Fflam (Black Cauldron)

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • El Mariachi (The Mexico Trilogy /w Antonio Banderas)

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Minstrel singing Brave Sir Robin (Quest for the Holy Grail)

Votes: 18 20.5%
  • Eddie Riggs (Brutal Legend)

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Geoffrey Chaucer (A knight's tale)

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • Dandelion (Witcher)

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • Gabrielle (Xena)

• Lorne (Angel)

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Kubo (Kubo and the Two Strings)

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Galavant (Galavant musical)

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Alan-a-Dale (Robin Hood)

• Hubert Hawkins (The Court Jester)

Votes: 9 10.2%

Sacrosanct

Legend
How about Sean Connery as William of Baskerville in The Name of the Rose? Far more Cleric than Monk. Jeremy Irons as Gabriel in The Mission? Keanu Reeves in Constantine?

Sean Connery is a great choice there. Constantine is more of a warlock though. Says so right in his bio ;)

Sacrosanct

Legend
Cleric is tough. I think it has the least representation of all the classes in media.

At first Yoda seems like a good fit but given his physical presence he is more of a Wizard. Whenever people refer to Star Wars in reference to fantasy the Jedi are always called space wizards. I think it is because clerics aren't a thing for the general populace.

Still, considering the choices, the Jedi are the best fit for clerics I can think of right now.

I chose yoda over any of the other jedi, because of all of them, he's the one that keeps preaching about the force and meditation. His behavior towards the force is very much like a cleric to their deity.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
How about Rutger Hauer as Cardinal Patrick Henry Roark in Sin City? Or maybe Liam Neeson's character from Kingdom of Heaven?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases