D&D 5E Best on screen adaptation of the bard (poll)

Which top adaptations on screen of the bard do you feel best represents the D&D bard?

• Fflewddur Fflam (Black Cauldron)

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • El Mariachi (The Mexico Trilogy /w Antonio Banderas)

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Minstrel singing Brave Sir Robin (Quest for the Holy Grail)

Votes: 18 20.5%
  • Eddie Riggs (Brutal Legend)

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Geoffrey Chaucer (A knight's tale)

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • Dandelion (Witcher)

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • Gabrielle (Xena)

• Lorne (Angel)

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Kubo (Kubo and the Two Strings)

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Galavant (Galavant musical)

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Alan-a-Dale (Robin Hood)

• Hubert Hawkins (The Court Jester)

Votes: 9 10.2%

happyhermit

Adventurer
Bard;
66efedceb3d69c2ea536552414a4e244.gif
images
ImperfectCoordinatedLaughingthrush-size_restricted.gif
W2uGSob.gif

Straight-up magical Bards are not too common, but they exist and are excellent.

MarkB

Legend
Good lord, why is it that the first reply in these polls is always "your forgot so and so!"

In the other poll, I even asked for suggestions for this poll in case I forgot someone. I can't know every TV or Movie or video game character ever made, you know.
People who are specifically interested in bards won't have read the last thread, they'll read this one. Just like people who are specifically interested in clerics won't be reading this thread, they'll read the next one.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Voted Chaucer and Gabrielle, but want to qualify my Gabrielle vote by saying it would only apply to the first few seasons, after which she drifted away from Bard towards... Cleric? Fighter? ...not sure, but she didn't come across as a Bard really at all in the later seasons.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Voted Chaucer and Gabrielle, but want to qualify my Gabrielle vote by saying it would only apply to the first few seasons, after which she drifted away from Bard towards... Cleric? Fighter? ...not sure, but she didn't come across as a Bard really at all in the later seasons.
Heh, yes I noticed that change in her character too, Id tend more towards cleric

Coroc

Hero
Xena is a bard? You got to be kidding me.

Edit I do not know any of the others, I watch so little TV. Seems I cannot cast my vote here.

What is the black cauldron? it sounds interesting.

Remove ads