D&D 5E Best on screen adaptations of the D&D cleric

Best on screen adaption of the cleric

• Friar Tuck (Robin Hood)

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Athelstan (Vikings)

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Bishop Heahmund (Vikings, war cleric)

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Cardinal Richelieu (Three Musketeers, Tim Curry version)

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Dorian (Wrath of the Dragon God)

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Yoda (Star wars)

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Queen Taramis (Conan the Destroyer)

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Carl (Van Helsing 2004)

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Abraham Van Helsing (Bram Stoker's Dracula)

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Sister Agatha (Dracula 2020-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • William of Bakerville (Name of the Rose)

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Milisandre (GoT)

Votes: 31 55.4%
  • Thor (MCU)

Votes: 6 10.7%

Sacrosanct

Legend
Similar to the barbarian and bard polls. This time, cleric. Which adaptations do you feel from the poll work best to exemplify the cleric. If a new player wanted to play a cleric, choose your top 2 choices of characters you'd refer them to. On screen only, no literary references.

Choose 2 options.

Tony Vargas

Legend
Have to go with Van Helsing, on the strength that he's the reputed inspiration.

Maybe point em at the white-lighters on Charmed - they are support types, vaguely spiritual, and glowy healers. (Just ignore the at-will teleportation)

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
If you aren't allowed on screen depictions of people from real Earth religions, then I say that Melisandre or Thoros from Game of Thrones are some of the best depictions of a D&D cleric on a screen in the last 10 years.

Add int your favorite religious vampire hunter and you have 2 of your picks right there.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Added poll options, so if you want to change the votes. I still think Thor is just a fighter with a hammer of Thunderbolts (he doesn't actually worship anything), but I bow to the masses

ad_hoc

(they/them)
Added poll options, so if you want to change the votes. I still think Thor is just a fighter with a hammer of Thunderbolts (he doesn't actually worship anything), but I bow to the masses

Well, he stopped using the hammer half way through the series.

His primary concern is whether he is judged to be worthy. Sounds like a cleric to me.

Remove ads