D&D 5E Best on screen adaptations of the D&D cleric

Best on screen adaption of the cleric

• Friar Tuck (Robin Hood)

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Athelstan (Vikings)

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Bishop Heahmund (Vikings, war cleric)

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Cardinal Richelieu (Three Musketeers, Tim Curry version)

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Dorian (Wrath of the Dragon God)

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Yoda (Star wars)

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Queen Taramis (Conan the Destroyer)

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Carl (Van Helsing 2004)

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Abraham Van Helsing (Bram Stoker's Dracula)

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Sister Agatha (Dracula 2020-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • William of Bakerville (Name of the Rose)

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Milisandre (GoT)

Votes: 31 55.4%
  • Thor (MCU)

Votes: 6 10.7%

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
In the MCU, Thor is an alien with tech that is basically magic. He was just a special version of that race that had storm powers but needed a magic weapon to get those powers to work well. But that weapon had a code restriction.

So Thor is either a Asgardian cleric of Thor or a Asgardian paladin of Mjolnir. Closer to the former to me.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
In the MCU, Thor is an alien with tech that is basically magic. He was just a special version of that race that had storm powers but needed a magic weapon to get those powers to work well. But that weapon had a code restriction.

So Thor is either a Asgardian cleric of Thor or a Asgardian paladin of Mjolnir. Closer to the former to me.

After Odins death Thor and Heimdall both pray to the “Allfathers” so it appears that Asgardians practice ancestor worship (or more likely King worship). Thor is/was the future Allfather of the Asgardians but I’m not sure what his abdication to Valkyrie might mean.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
After Odins death Thor and Heimdall both pray to the “Allfathers” so it appears that Asgardians practice ancestor worship (or more likely King worship). Thor is/was the future Allfather of the Asgardians but I’m not sure what his abdication to Valkyrie might mean.

It's most likely that Asgardians practice worship of all their kings. Odin reveres his father and grandfather and takes Thor's hammer away in their name. And one could say Mjolnir's code of worthiness was just Odin's way of making sure Thor acted like a proper king.

Kinda want a Kings Domain now.

If you aren't allowed on screen depictions of people from real Earth religions, then I say that Melisandre or Thoros from Game of Thrones are some of the best depictions of a D&D cleric on a screen in the last 10 years.

Add int your favorite religious vampire hunter and you have 2 of your picks right there.
Yup, I would say Melisandre is the only truly D&Dish cleric.

Oooh, good call. In the Director's Cut, he even (maybe) does some healing/raise dead.

I like David Thewlis’s Templar from kingdom of God!

I remember being so excited that Mike McShane from Who's Line Is It Anyway? was in the movie. For an adventuring cleric, you could do a lot worse than this worldly and garrulous friar.

Friar Tuck, specifically from the Kevin Costner version of Robin Hood.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases