D&D 5E Best out of combat class features?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I'm trying to come up with a new out of combat ability for a home-brewed class and it's friggin' hard! Everything is just spell casting or a bonus to skill... and that's not even taking into account keeping it consistent with the fluff...
What's the class about?

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Most of the warlock invocations that grant an at-will spell.

At-will disguise self? Amazing. At-will invisibility (in shadows)? The rogue is jealous. At-will detect magic? Find answers to traps and hazards quickly and easily. Read all writing is great when it comes up. And so on.
This. I used at will "Disguise Self" in every single session during a previous campaign. My current warlock has the at will "Detect Magic" and it has already helped significantly in our first two sessions, including one long combat.

Necrozius

Explorer
Yeah pretty much: D&D is a spellcaster’s game, unless you make a bunch of new Feats... and even the new Dark Gifts duplicate spell effects.

Maybe they should just re-craft the game to be spell-focused? Every class gets its own spell list, I guess.

Although if that’s the way the game goes, I think I’ll be hopping over to a different game system, haha

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Yeah pretty much: D&D is a spellcaster’s game, unless you make a bunch of new Feats... and even the new Dark Gifts duplicate spell effects.

Maybe they should just re-craft the game to be spell-focused? Every class gets its own spell list, I guess.

Although if that’s the way the game goes, I think I’ll be hopping over to a different game system, haha
honestly magic needs to get more grounded as it is just all over the place and overrule every other part of the game.
it needs limits.

It's for the 5th version of my Warlord class, but I think I found something neat. I'm not 100% sure about the level placement of all my features, but I'll see what people will say when I'm done.
When you take the Help action, the target may add your proficiency bonus to the roll.
If an ally grants you the help action for a check that they are proficient in, you may add their proficiency bonus to the roll.

Something like that?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases