• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best Premade 5e City?

silentbob1

Villager
Which premade 5e city is the best?

Here are the ones I am considering:

1. Kos City (Swords of Kos Fantasy Campaign Setting)

2. Parsantium: City at the Crossroads

3. DNH3 - The City of Talos (5th Edition)

4. Zobeck Gazetteer

5. Some other fantasy city I haven’t considered.

Satyrn

First Post
It's impossible to know which is best for you, of course. Are you aiming for high fantasy, gloriously wealthy vibrant bright city loaded with detail? Then I'd suggest Ptolus even though it's from 3rd edition.

But if you want grim and gritty, a point of light in a wilderness of adventure I'd suggest Bard's Gate.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Ptolus. :)

Okay, rules aren't 5e, but does mechanics that some NPCs and such are statted out in really change if it's a great RPG city or not?

aco175

Legend
I thought Phandalin was fine. It is not quite a city, but has enough stuff going on to last a few campaigns so far.

Volund

Explorer
City State of the Invincible Overlord is the original urban crawl setting. It might not be sufficiently pre-made for your purpose, but every street has shops, NPC's, possible rumors and legends, and unique street encounters:

Cutpurse Row
40% prob of robbery attempt if alone (-10% per comrade)

Festival Street
Prob 20% of harrassment by party of Nobles (Attack only if insulted)

At 40 years old it's not 5e but I've found that converting 1e to 5e is mostly a matter of swapping in 5e NPC's and creatures from the MM.

HawaiiSteveO

Blistering Barnacles!
Bought Ebonclad PDF and gave it a quick skim, looks like some good stuff. Not sure how different style adventures will go over with my players though.

Sigil!

Last edited:

Remove ads