Best RL Pantheon?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I look at all of them, but tend to use Greek, Norse, and Egyptian the most.

As for Greek pantheon = soap opera: I’m pretty sure if someone made that, it would get a loyal fan base. Though it might have to be on ”Sin”emax because of Zeus’ exploits...

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
As for Greek pantheon = soap opera: I’m pretty sure if someone made that, it would get a loyal fan base. Though it might have to be on ”Sin”emax because of Zeus’ exploits...

Nah. Streaming services can show close to whatever they want, these days.

Zardnaar

Legend
I look at all of them, but tend to use Greek, Norse, and Egyptian the most.

Nah. Streaming services can show close to whatever they want, these days.

Pretty much.

Spartacus, GoT a few others are heavy on the nudity/violence.

Started rewatching The Wire that fails all sorts of modern purity tests in the first episode.

Ulfgeir

Hero
So if each pantheon were made in to a TV-series, what type of series would it be?

Norse = Thor goes around being a bully, solving all problems by hitting things. Loke tries new clever schemes and is too smart for his own good and gets himself and others into trouble. Oden travels around and messes with with people, and stealing things from giants. Freya, well to be polite lets say she is not adverse to sex..

Greek Pantheon = the drama of a Brazilian soap-opera (as far as I understand it they are better at it than the US ones), lots of gore and sex. Characters do hold grudges and are VERY sore losers.

Zardnaar

Legend
So if each pantheon were made in to a TV-series, what type of series would it be?

Norse = Thor goes around being a bully, solving all problems by hitting things. Loke tries new clever schemes and is too smart for his own good and gets himself and others into trouble. Oden travels around and messes with with people, and stealing things from giants. Freya, well to be polite lets say she is not adverse to sex..

Greek Pantheon = the drama of a Brazilian soap-opera (as far as I understand it they are better at it than the US ones), lots of gore and sex. Characters do hold grudges and are VERY sore losers.

NZ made one about the norse. It's called the Mighty Johnson's and they're in mortal form missing their powers. Might be on Amazon or Netflix.

Yeah the Greek one your description is fair enough. The gods are also petty. Married With Children Olmpian style crude politically Incorrect Greek Comedy.

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
NZ made one about the norse. It's called the Mighty Johnson's and they're in mortal form missing their powers. Might be on Amazon or Netflix.

Yeah the Greek one your description is fair enough. The gods are also petty.
"The Almighty Johnsons" was an excellent show. They also introduced some of the Maori pantheon in (I think) season 3. Well worth watching. It does appear to currently be available on Prime in the US and Canada.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
The Chinese gods and immortals are a good source of inspiration. You can just take the Wikipedia page and make some tweaks and name changes and have a very playable pantheon that has a distinct flavor.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

Set it in an American high school, and it’s a winner. Parker Lewis Can’t Lose approaches that, at times.

Zardnaar

Legend
"The Almighty Johnsons" was an excellent show. They also introduced some of the Maori pantheon in (I think) season 3. Well worth watching. It does appear to currently be available on Prime in the US and Canada.

It's not on Prime here. Go figure. Only watched Season 1.

Remove ads