• Wonder Woman

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Hulk

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Some other choice, you oddball!

Votes: 32 39.5%

Ryujin

Legend
Doctor Who is a good non-traditional pick.
I am tempted to say names like Captain Jean-Luc Picard or Captain Benjamin Sisko or... Admiral Adama and Captain Apollo. They take risks and always find a way. But of course, they lack superhero costumes and superpowers. Maybe I should pick Data, at least he has superpowers.

Well Sisko became a Q level demigod, so I's say that he qualifies. Hoping that he makes an appearance in the second season of Picard.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Doctor Who is a good non-traditional pick.
I am tempted to say names like Captain Jean-Luc Picard or Captain Benjamin Sisko or... Admiral Adama and Captain Apollo. They take risks and always find a way. But of course, they lack superhero costumes and superpowers. Maybe I should pick Data, at least he has superpowers.

I remember one commentary that Sherlock Holmes stories were bad ‘detective mysteries’ because Sherlock Holmes was really an Action hero with superhuman powers of Observation.

The fact that Sherlock inspired Batman, Doctor Who and so many others sorta confirms that description too...

Last edited:

Khelon Testudo

Cleric of Stronmaus
I'm not sure Ellie from The Last of Us 2 is a superhero or super-villain. Or maybe just a D&D Rogue? She sure can kill a lot, and is hard to kill.

DrunkonDuty

he/him
Spidey has been my fave since I was a little fella. I am really enjoying Renew Your Vows. Also, Enter the Spiderverse might be the best Spiderman movie.

I've also been enjoying Jason Aaron's run on Thor but I dropped out when Jane handed back the hammer.

Of course so much depends on the writer. Basically I'll enjoy a given run by a given writer. When they leave I'll give the new writer a chance but may or may not stick with it. I also consider each writer's run to be a separate story universe. It's the only way to deal with all the damn retcons.

Tallifer

Hero
Christopher Reeves and then Smallville made me vote for Superman. Tony MacGuire and the 1960s cartoon show theme song almost made me vote for Spiderman.

Remove ads