Best Threequel

Ryujin

Legend
He understands it. He then derisively calls it quaint.
Using a keyboard, that is. I don't know that we're ever told that he's using a programming language, which is what others have stated. An engineering application that permits the entry of chemical formulae, perhaps?

pukunui

Legend
I'd say Revenge of the Sith is the best of the SW prequel trilogy. It's at least the most watchable anyway.

Return of the Jedi is good, but not as good as Empire Strikes Back.

Back to the Future III is pretty good too.

Agree that Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is the best of that trilogy.

Cars 3 is good.

Skyfall is probably my favorite of the Daniel Craig 007 movies.

The Mockingjay films (taken together as the third part of the trilogy) are really good.

Bawylie

A very OK person
Wait a minute...I made a funny comment about this, but totally glossed over that you think Far From Home is better than Tobey Maguire Spider-Man 2! That's a hot take.
It IS better. I recently watched both. And as much as I loved McGuire’s Spider-Man 2 when it came out, I find today’s Me liked Far From Home much more.

Vael

Legend
Hmmm,

As a kid, I much preferred the battles and adventure energy of ROTJ to ESB. Even now, I think it gets underrated due to the Ewok factor. So, still a solid entry.

Star Trek Beyond is my legit favourite of the Kelvin era Treks. 2009 was all origin story, and Into Darkness is just bad and has not aged well at all (though I found it a fun theatre experience at the time). Star Trek Beyond better managed the ensemble, giving a bit more to the rest of the cast. And we got the most of the crew being the crew, which is the main strength of the Kelvin era. Yes, the stories have been weak, but I do love the cast.

As for the rest of Trek, yeah, I don't hate Star Trek 3 ... but is it 3 or 4, given that 2-4 form a continuous narrative?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Definitely agree. It is a fun romp but is highly dated and didn't age well. It only has value at this point as a historical document.
How does time travel into the past get dated? The further we get from the 80s, the better the film gets. Back to the Future has the same strength. It can’t date.

Remove ads