Best Way to Find New Players

I’ve had the best luck with meetup.com (Which has usually involved starting up a new “Roleplaying Gamers In {your city here}” group, promoting it in groups for other nearby towns, and then waiting a few weeks.

Fauchard1520

Adventurer
I’ve had the best luck with meetup.com (Which has usually involved starting up a new “Roleplaying Gamers In {your city here}” group, promoting it in groups for other nearby towns, and then waiting a few weeks.

I feel like this might be the right answer. I tried to cling to NearbyGamers.com, but the Web 1.0 interface isn't exactly appealing. I just like that it's purpose-built, you know?

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I feel like this might be the right answer. I tried to cling to NearbyGamers.com, but the Web 1.0 interface isn't exactly appealing. I just like that it's purpose-built, you know?

Feels very Craigslist design (Craigslist being more like Web 0.5). And it looks like they may be using an older version of the GoogleMaps API that isn't even supported any more...

Nytmare

David Jose
I'll give another thumbs up for meetup.com.

Once the last dregs of my college gaming group became real life grownups, Meetup was a great way to tie into the other groups in the area.

I use it to find gaming groups when I travel for work too.

darjr

I crit!
The number one for me was running games at decent game shops. But I’m spoiled by several.
Second has been by going to conventions, running games is best. There are many cons that will comp you a ticket or even a room share if you run enough games. Local cons are best, but the previous sentence applies less to them unless your lucky and nearby the big ones.
Facebook has been incredible, search for your city name and D&D or dungeons and dragons, or use your state or region name in a search too.
Meetup has been good too.

Wizards store locator is kinda good for finding stores running AL, depending, some stores post up they have games when they don’t, but many do have games. So try a couple few. Actually shop for a decent store, don’t just accept the nearest one.

I realize cons are probably all on line now, but local ones may still have online games with decent contacts. Also the issue with stores not being open or not running games, still they may have contacts in the local area and or be part of a Facebook or meetup group.

good luck!

what region are you in?

Remove ads