• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Beyond the Rerisen Tower(DM Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)

Mewness

First Post
Suddenly there is a clap of thunder, distinctly out of place with the mist--and for good reason, as the sound is coming from Scarmiglione's mouth. A few bolts of lightning come down, striking one of the undead creatures as well as Scarmiglione himself: his feathers stand on end and energy crackles toward the stalker and pulls it between the kenku and Fredrock. Unfortunately, the kenku's following knife slash misses the creature completely.

[sblock=actions]Granted action: draw dagger.

Standard: shocking magnetism on stalker 3 and stalker 4. Both have concealment. Vs reflex, on stalker 3, then stalker 4 (then damage for each in turn): 1d20+8-2=7 1d20+8-2=14 3d6+10=19 3d6+10=24 Argh, looks like 2 misses. Scarm uses his lucky charm daily power to improve the attack on stalker 4: 1d6=4. Total hit roll is 18 vs reflex. Stalker 4 takes 24 lightning damage and is pulled to D15.

For the rest of the encounter, everything that starts its turn (friends too) next to Scarm takes 4 lightning damage.

Move: to D16.

Minor: low slash vs reflex on Stalker 4. +3 owing to flanking with flock effect, -2 for concealment. 1d20+10+3-2=13 1d4+5+4+2d6=22. Well, I shouldn't complain about a few terrible rolls when my character has not been zombified.[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniKenku]Scarmiglione Male Kenku Rogue|Sorcerer 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light vision
AC:19 (20), Fort:15, Reflex:18, Will:18; Resist 5 psychic
HP:34/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:4/7
Action Points: 1
Blazing Starfall
Sly Flourish

Wave of Light
Low Slash
Sneak In the Attack
Second Wind

Shocking Magnetism
Shadowdance Armor (item)
Lucky Charm (item)

Phase of the Sun: At the start of my turn, each enemy adjacent to me takes 2 fire and radiant damage; resist 5 cold
Phase of the Moon: Bonus to AC equal to number of conscious adjacent enemies; resist 5 psychic
Phase of the Stars: Whenever an enemy's attack misses me, I can teleport 2 as a free action; resist 5 radiant

First Time Bloodied: Change immediately to next phase.

Conditions:

Full sheet: Scarmiglione[/sblock]

Last edited:

Xeterog

Explorer

We kill them quickly, that is what we do. Worry about our dead after we survive this fight
Fredrock replies as he draws his hammer and tries to get the attention of the nearby stalkers
OOC: assuming Terrifying Gaze is a ranged attack, I would have gotten AOO's on Stalker 3 and 4 (unarmed)..rolling this as well, just in case)

[sblock=actions]
AoO's: Stalker 3 Crit (deathscarred boon) for 6 damage
Stalker 4 missed

Minor: Draw Hammer

Minor: :close:Battlemind Demand using 1 PP to Mark Stalker 3 and Stalker 4

Standard: :melee:Aspect of Elevated Harmony on Stalker 4 (that is now in D15), +7 -2 (concealment) Vs AC.
Miss: half damage 16/2=8.
Effect: I assume the Aspect of Elevated Harmony until the end of the encounter, allowing me to augment at-will powers to give me 9 temp hit points and do 4 extra damage to a target hit by the at-will power. I choose not to spend a healing surge.

AP Standard: :melee:Iron Fist on Stalker 4 +5 vs AC (see above) 1 pp for the Aspect of elevated harmony.
Hit for 16 damage
Effect: 9 temp HP, DR 4 TEONT.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Fredrock]
Marked: Stalker 3, Stalker 4
45 HP (full)
9 Temp HP
HS left 7
AP used 1
PP used 2 (of 4)
DR 4 TEONT

Fredrock Hammersmith - Male Dwarf Battlemind, level 3
Passive Perception: +15, Passive Insight: +20 Senses: Low-Light
Init +0, Speed:5
AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:16, Will:18
HP 45/45, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:7/13
Action Points: 0/2, Power points 2/4
Powers-
:close:Battlemind Demand link
:melee:Mind Spike link
Blurred Step link
:melee:Bull's Strength link
:melee:Iron Fist link
:melee:Mist Weapon link
Second Wind link
Battle Resilience link
:close:Telepathic Challenge link
:melee:Aspect of Elevated Harmony link

Item powers
deathscarred boon link
Dwarven Scale armor link

:melee:MBA +7 vs AC, 1d10+4 (brutal 2)
:ranged:RBA -0 vs AC, 1d4-1 (improvised..would have to pick up a rock or something)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Yishim-san no! Kaz shouts, getting up and seeing his friend. Foul creatures, you shall pay for what you've done to my friends!

Despite his shackling bounds on his legs, he rushes over and hefts his axe and slices it into a stalker.

[sblock=actions]
Move:stand up from prone.
Minor:Oath C12
Standard: Angelic Alacrity, Kaz shifts to C13 (shifts don't get affected by slow, right?) 22 vs AC (if it missed I will pop Elven Accuracy), 24 damage.

If it is not dead:
Action Point
Aspect of Might
22 vs AC, on 30 damage (Half on miss), Effect: Kaz gains + 5 to athletic checks, +2 to speed and +2 to melee attack damage until the end of the encounter.

Saving Throw Succeeded

[sblock=stat block]
Kaz Male Elf Avenger 3, bloodied
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Low Light
AC:20+2, Fort:14+2, Reflex:15+2, Will:16+2
HP: 15/40, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:2/9
Action Points: 0?
Basic Attack Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe+1, +5 vs AC, 1d12+2 damage (+1d12 on crit, 19-20 threat against undead, +1d6 when bloodied, reroll 1&2 damage)

Powers:
Bond of Pursuit
Overwhelming Strike

Angelic Alacrity
Oath of Enmity
Abjure Undead/Divine Guidance
Sequestering Strike
Avenger's Resolve
Second Wind
Elven Accuracy
?
Aspect of Might?
Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe +1
Deathscarred boon

Conditions:
Non-elf allys within 5 square get +1 to perception.
If oath target moves away willingly, +6 damage to next attack. (Censure of Pursuit)
Can shift through difficult terrain (wild step)

+ 5 to athletic checks, +2 to speed and +2 to melee attack damage until the end of the encounter.?
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Immediate Interrupt]
Avenger's Resolve (will trigger if the attack does 10 or more points of damage)

Trigger: If an enemy other than Kaz's Oath target hits Kaz:

Gain 5 resist all damage EOTN.
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: In the future, any time you go unconscious, you drop everything held. Don't worry about retconning it atm, but I'll put it as a status effect in the future.

Also, the gaze attacks are One target in Close Burst 5, so no OAs.

Also Slow effects all movement modes except Teleport so your turn needs to be revised somewhat @Luinnar even though it was pretty pure awesome.

Xeterog

Explorer
OOC: yea, but slow just makes your movement speed equal to 2. Shifting is just one square, so isn't affected by slow (unless you use power that allows you to shift your speed, or half your speed).

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: Good thing you're here Xeterog, keeping me in check. I guess our way was a house rule. So, ignore what I said Luinnar.

Instead, when Kaz lands his second hit and bloodies it, Stalker 3 becomes invisible and is somewhere unknown (Stealth 28). I think that just leaves Salgyn's death save.

I'll update tomorrow, I'm off to bed.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: Eithal hasn't gone yet, so I'll wait until later to update to give [MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION] time to post

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Aaaaagh! I'm at my parents' house, which is normally not a problem, but their cable modem decided to die yesterday, and it appears I'll be out of commission until Saturday night. (posting from my iPhone is not going to work well. Sorry for the surprise. I had no idea myself.

Please NPC me if needed to keep the game rolling.

Last edited:

Remove ads