Beyond the Rerisen Tower(DM Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)

Yishim moves towards Livia and Kaz. As he rounds the corner behind the pillar, he stumbles a bit as his spellcasting reaches a crescendo. Arcane energy envelops both Livia and the crystal, but somehow can't take hold.

You fool, focus on the attack! Yishim mumbles to himself.

He then drops an illusionary mirror maze on the Avatar in the hopes of distracting the powerful creature as it attacks. Let's see you detonate as effectively now.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: P11

Standard: Phantom Chasm on L8, likely misses Will on Livia (16) and Left Crystal (13), but both are immobilized. If it hits, it's 16 damage, prone and immobilized. Use Orb of Deception to re-route vs. Left Statue, but Critical Miss, so no granted RBA.

Action Point: Maze of Mirrors on G11 20 vs. Will on Avatar, who is Immobilized and takes -5 to attacks if it hits.[/sblock]
[sblock=Yishim Stat Block]Yishim- Male Human Wizard 5
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 17
AC:19, Fort:14, Reflex:19, Will:18, Resist 10 Force -- Speed:6
HP:34/37, Bloodied:18, Surge Value:9, Surges left:4/6
Initiative +6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Scorching Burst, Phantom Bolt, Shield, Heroic Effort, Grasping Shadows, Maze of Mirrors, Orb of Deception, Orb of Insurmountable Force, Phantom Chasm, Visions of Avarice, Brooch of Shielding
Other: Deathwalker's Boon, Resplendent Gloves[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
OOC: Is it possible to squeeze behind the statue (N28 or O28) to get cover from Livia? It looks as though there's a bit of space there.

Xeterog

Explorer
hmm, that didn't work so well...Thanks Toeto. He's a slippery one...
Fredrock moves off the platform and charges one of the Crystals, hoping to weaken the Raven Avatar

[sblock=actions]
Start of Turn: 2-3dr = 0 fire damage
Move: O12 (down stairs/bridge, and over)
Standard: Charge Left Cyrstal: AC 18 (12-5= 7 damage if it hits, and Everyone within 5 takes 5 if I hit it)

[/sblock]
[sblock=Fredrock]
Beckoning Strike Stance
DR 3 TEOE
regen 5 when bloodied TEOE
HP down 0 of 58
Marked: Avator of Ravens
AP used

Fredrock Hammersmith - Male Dwarf Battlemind, level 5
Passive Perception: +16, Passive Insight: +21 Senses: Low-Light
Init +1, Speed:5
AC:22, Fort:18, Reflex:18, Will:20
HP 58/58, Bloodied:29, Surge Value:14, Surges left:8/13
Action Points: 0/3, Power points 4/4
Powers-
Blurred Step link
:close:Battlemind Demand link
:melee:Mind Spike link
:melee:Bull's Strength link
:melee:Iron Fist link
:melee:Mist Weapon link
Second Wind link
Battle Resilience link
:close:Telepathic Challenge link
:melee:Aspect of Elevated Harmony link
:melee:Beckoning Strike link
:melee:Beckoning Strike attack

Item powers
Dwarven Scale armor link

:melee:MBA +11 vs AC, 1d10+6 (brutal 2)
:ranged:RBA +1 vs AC, 1d4-1 (improvised..would have to pick up a rock or something)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Kaz skids to a halt after being pushed back by the blasts. Undeterred, he rushes back to the crystal, smashing it to pieces with his axe. Get the other one! he shouts to the party.

[sblock=actions]
Move: K9
Standard: Overwhelming Strike 21 vs AC (if not hit I will pop elven accuracy). 16 damage. I think the crystal is "dead". Kaz takes 2 damage? He shifts to L9.
[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]
Kaz Male Elf Avenger 5,
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 24, Passive Insight: 17, Senses: Low Light
AC:21+2?, Fort:16+2?, Reflex:17+2?, Will:19+2?
HP:26(28?)/52, Bloodied:26, Surge Value:13, Surges left:4/9
Action Points: 2
Basic Attack Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe+1, +7 vs AC, 1d12+3 damage (+1d12 on crit, 19-20 threat against undead, +1d6 when bloodied, reroll 1&2 damage)

Powers:
Bond of Pursuit
Overwhelming Strike

Angelic Alacrity
Oath of Enmity
Abjure Undead/Divine Guidance
Sequestering Strike
Avenger's Resolve
Second Wind
Elven Accuracy

Amulet of Life +1
Aspect of Might
Strength of Many
Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe +1

Conditions:
Non-elf allys within 5 square get +1 to perception.

If oath target moves away willingly, +6 damage to next attack. (Censure of Pursuit)

Can shift through difficult terrain (wild step)

+2 to Defense, +1d6 damage if bloodied (equipment)
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Whah don' yew jus' dah!?" Distracted by Cale's insistence on staying alive, Eithal takes another swing at the warlord's evil twin, but misses.

Maybe Ah awta jus' consentrate on the stayatchew.
[sblock=Actions]Standard: Strength of Stone
Target: Cale
Attack: 1d20+13+2(CA Prone)=18 What the!?

Free: Mark Cale and the Statue

[/sblock][sblock=Ministats]Eithal Lemindt Arehei Female Goliath Warden Level 6
Initiative: +3
Speed 6
Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 13; Senses: Normal
Powerful Athlete: Roll twice for Jump/Climb Athletics checks
AC: 21; Fort: 19; Reflex: 13; Will: 15
HP: 71/71
Surge Value: 17; Surges left: 12/13
Action Points: 0
At Will Powers:
:melee: Strength of Stone link
:melee: Thorn Strike link
:melee:Warden's Fury link
Warden's Grasp link

Encounter Powers:
:melee: Grasping Winds link
:melee: Relentless Panther Attack
link
:close: Brst of Earth's Fury link
Stone's Endurance link
Warden's Tempest link
Second Wind

Daily Powers:
Form of the Relentless Panther link
Storm Strike link
Bear's Endurance link

Feats:

Sudden Roots: Whenever Eithal hits an enemy with an Opportunity Attack, that enemy is slowed until the end of its next turn.

Crushing Earthstrength: When Eithal uses her second wind, she gains a +4 bonus to her weapon damage rolls until the end of her next turn.

Guard of Stone: While Eithal is under the effect of her stone’s endurance racial power, each enemy marked by Eithal takes an additional penalty to attack rolls for attacks that don’t include Eithal as a target. The penalty equals her Constitution modifier and lasts until the end of her next turn.

Courage of the Lone Stag: When you mark three or more enemies with Nature’s Wrath, you gain a +2 bonus to weapon damage rolls against creatures you mark until the start of your next turn. This bonus increases to +3 at 11th level, and to +4 at 21st level.[/sblock]
OOC: Man you guys move fast!

Mewness

First Post
Scarmiglione blacks out for a moment and comes to his senses just as he misses Eithal with a dagger swipe. "Your pardon, my dear," he says in some bewilderment. "I don't know what came over me." He quickly darts behind the statue, emitting an ear-shattering "SQUAWK!" that bathes it in blue-white flame.

[sblock=actions]Move: to N28. This provokes an opportunity attack from Cale, but Eithal's warden interrupt should go off first and hopefully kill him if he takes the attack.

Standard: blazing starfall centered on P26. Vs statue's reflex: 1d20+10=30 1d4+12=15 is a crit for 16 + 2d10=3 (ROFL) = 19 radiant.[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniKenku]Scarmiglione Male Kenku Rogue|Sorcerer 5
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light vision
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:19, Will:18; Resist 5 psychic
HP:37/44, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:5/7
Blazing Starfall
Sly Flourish

Wave of Light
Low Slash
Sneak In the Attack
Songmaster’s Boon (item)
Second Wind

Blinding Barrage
Thunder Leap
Shadowdance Armor (item)
Lucky Charm (item)

Phase of the Sun: At the start of my turn, each enemy adjacent to me takes 2 fire and radiant damage; resist 5 cold
Phase of the Moon: Bonus to AC equal to number of conscious adjacent enemies; resist 5 psychic
Phase of the Stars: Whenever an enemy's attack misses me, I can teleport 2 as a free action; resist 5 radiant

First Time Bloodied: Change immediately to next phase.

Conditions: phase of the moon, resist all 3

Full sheet: Scarmiglione[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Dark Temple, Round 3

The orb flares with light and everyone sees a glimmer of the goddess in the explosion of radiant light that surges through the temple, causing the very walls to squirm where holy flares against the evil saturated into the stone.

The crystals flare in reaction, draining those around them - the left crystal especially as Fredrock hits it, then Kaz shatters it, a third of the Avatar's shimmering flock of burning ravens exploding into ash as it does so.

Cale manages to rake Scarm in the leg with his sword despite Eithal's attempts to stop him, but when he fumbles for his bow, Eithal kills him again only to have him come back alive snarling and cursing in some black tongue.

The Avatar lashes back at Yishim, but the wizard casually counterspells the attack and it produces no more than a spark. With a curse, the Avatar explodes again into ravens, swirling back behind the altar.

Cale stands and gets a blow in on Eithal, the shimmering runes of a minor curse forming around the Warden.

Livia fires another black arrow at Kaz, striking the Avenger squarely and shrouding him and Fredrock with ravens of black energy.

GM: It takes an action to draw an item, so it will take an AP to draw the Orb.

Attacks on the left crystal made Kaz go bloodied, so he regened 5 at the start of his turn.

Eithal's Warden's Grasp: 1d20+13=15 Fort vs Cale, miss. At least my dice are consistent with yours H.M.

Eithal's OA: 1d20+13=27 AC vs Cale, hit, down.

Sadly, immobilization doesn't stop teleports either.

I think we just set the record for the fastest full combat round in a L4W game.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Avatar of Ravens: Detonate(-5 Phantom): Nat1 vs Yishim. Raven Form: Teleport to E16.

Ravenchanged Cale: OA: Viper's Strike(-2 marked, -2 prone): 25 AC, hit, 12 damage reduced to 9 and Scarm has vulnerable 3 until the end of Cale's next turn. Stand. Viper's Strike: 26 AC vs Eithal, hit, 7 damage reduced to 4 and Eithal has vulnerable 3 until the end of Cale's next turn.
Ravenchanged Livia: Raven Swarm(ranged 20): 28 AC vs Kaz, hit, 8 damage reduced to 5 and Kaz and Fredrock have -2 to attacks until the end of Livia's next turn.

Left Crystal: Dark Resonance(free, when damaged by Toeto, close burst 5): 5 necrotic damage to Kaz reduced to 2. Dark Resonance(free, damaged by Fredrock, close burst 5): 5 necrotic damage to Kaz and Fredrock reduced to 2. Dark Resonance(free, damaged by Kaz, close burst 5): 5 necrotic damage to Kaz and Fredrock reduced to 2.
Right Crystal: Dark Resonance(free, when damaged by Toeto, close burst 5): 5 necrotic damage to Scarm and Eithal, reduced to 2.

Left Statue: -
Right Statue: Protect me(immediate reaction, when hit by Scarm): Ravenchanged Cale makes an RBA against Scarm.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Scarm: Q19, 20 damage taken, vulnerable 3, DR3
Eithal: M22, 6 damage taken, DR3
Kaz: V15, 30 damage taken, bloodied, -2 to attack, regen 5 bloodied, DR3
Fredrock: U16, 4 damage taken, -2 to attack, regen 5 bloodied, DR3, Beckoning Strike Stance
Toeto: W16, -5 to attacks, grants CA, DR3
Yishim: W15, DR3

: K15, 5 THP, 4 damage taken, marked(Fredrock), immobilized, -5 to attack
Avatar of Ravens: Max HP ??, AC 17, Fort ??, Ref ??, Will 17, Resist 10 fire, 10 necrotic, 20 all, Vulnerable ??. Powers - MBA ??, Burning Ravens(Aura 1): Any creature that enters or starts its turn in the aura takes 5 fire damage and grants CA to the Avatar until the end of the Avatar's next turn.

Ravenchanged Cale
: N24, 59 damage taken, bloodied, prone
Ravenchanged Cale: Max HP 60, AC 21, Fort 18, Ref 16, Will 17, Resist 10 Necrotic, Vulnerable 5 Radiant. MBA - Viper's Strike: +12 vs AC, 1d12+3 damage and the target gains Vulnerable 3 until the end of Cale's next turn, RBA - Paint the Bullseye(Ranged 20): +10 vs AC, 1d10+1 damage and the target gains vulnerable 3 to all attacks until the end of Cale's next turn.

Ravenchanged Livia: M7, 29 damage taken, bloodied, immobilized
Ravenchanged Livia: Max HP ??, AC ??, Fort ??, Ref 18, Will 17, Resist 10 Necrotic, Vulnerable 5 Radiant. MBA - ??, RBA - Raven Swarm(Ranged 20): +12 vs AC, 1d12+7 damage and the target and all adjacent creatures take -2 to attacks until the end of Livia's next turn.

Right Crystal: J23, 17 damage taken
Crystals: Max HP 15, AC ??, Fort 15, Ref ??, Will 15, Resist 5 all. Dark Resonance(free, when takes damage): All creatures within 5 squares take 5 necrotic damage.
Crystals destroyed: 1

Left Statue(Livia): N4-O5, 23 damage taken
Right Statue(Cale): M26-N27, 47 damage taken, marked(Eithal)
Statues: Max HP ??, AC 20, Fort 20, Ref 15, Will ??, Resist 5 all(except radiant). Protect me(immediate reaction, when hit by an attack): the statue's guardian may make a basic attack against the attacker. Bolstered Rerise(free action): If the statue's guardian is reduced to 0hp, the guardian returns to 1 hp.[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain and lighting]Pillars: they do not occupy squares, but it is difficult terrain in any square the white touches. They provide cover.

Flaming Pit: Any creature that enters or starts its turn in the area between H13 and N18 takes 1d10 fire damage. The pit is 10' deep. Any creature falling in takes 1d10 falling damage, 1d10 damage from the spikes and 1d10 damage from the fire. Starting your turn in the fire pit inflicts an extra 1d10 damage(2d10 total). Climbing out takes a DC 12 Athletics(climb) check.

Cliffs to the Statues: The cliffs are 10' tall and require DC 15 Athletics checks to climb.

Lighting: Thanks to Yishim's sunrod, the whole place is brightly lit.

Altar: The altar in the back takes an Athletics check DC10 and 2 squares of movement to climb on top of. It provides cover.[/sblock]

Attachments

• FinalKombat Round 3.jpg
    FinalKombat Round 3.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 93

Mewness

First Post
Scarmiglione squawks again from behind the statue, continuing his effort to destroy it. Cale grabs for his bow, but Eithal brings her axe down sharply and severs his arm.

[sblock=actions]I have Scarm as down 18 hp rather than 20. Not sure if I made a mistake somewhere.

Standard: blazing starfall in same place. Vs reflex: 1d20+10=26 1d4+12=14 hits for 14 more radiant damage.

Cale's retaliation provokes Warden's Fury? I'll roll it: 1d20+13=21 that hits Fort. Cale "dead" for another fraction of a second...[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniKenku]Scarmiglione Male Kenku Rogue|Sorcerer 5
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light vision
AC:20 (21), Fort:15, Reflex:19, Will:18; Resist 5 psychic
HP:26/44, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:5/7
Blazing Starfall
Sly Flourish

Wave of Light
Low Slash
Sneak In the Attack
Songmaster’s Boon (item)
Second Wind

Blinding Barrage
Thunder Leap
Shadowdance Armor (item)
Lucky Charm (item)

Phase of the Sun: At the start of my turn, each enemy adjacent to me takes 2 fire and radiant damage; resist 5 cold
Phase of the Moon: Bonus to AC equal to number of conscious adjacent enemies; resist 5 psychic
Phase of the Stars: Whenever an enemy's attack misses me, I can teleport 2 as a free action; resist 5 radiant

First Time Bloodied: Change immediately to next phase.

Conditions: phase of the moon, resist all 3, vulnerable all 3

Full sheet: Scarmiglione[/sblock]

Remove ads