D&D General BG3 Massive Spoiler Thread

YES! This worked perfectly*. Now I can enjoy the wonderful story-line of BG3,
Well, some of it. Given that a large portion of it is tied to the companions, you will miss a lot.
with all the customization of Solasta.
Since you can respec companion characters into anything you want, BG3 has both the customisation that Solasta has, and the story, that it lacks.
Maybe, for Larian's next endeavor, they can make Icewind Dale 3 and we'll be able to create our entire parties without all these backdoor shenanigans.
The companions are what made BG3 so successful. Whatever they do next, they are hardly going to ditch their secret sauce.

Well, some of it. Given that a large portion of it is tied to the companions, you will miss a lot.

The point for that poster is that they have already completed the game regularly and thus already have already played through with companions. Thru just want to try something different. And there's still the option to leave a character at camp and temporarily take on a companion to complete quests (like grabbing Lae'zel just to talk to the tiefing in the druid grove).

What builds have you done with Wyll? I don’t know what do with him.

For his story, I think he needs to be a Warlock at level 1, but after that, anything goes - what did you all do?

For his story, I think he needs to be a Warlock at level 1, but after that, anything goes - what did you all do?
Pact of the Blade Warlock all the way worked fine. I've tried Warlock/Paladin but that suffers from dead levels in the middle of the game and gets left off the team.

MarkB

Legend

Paladin 2 / Blade Pact Warlock X. Makes for a nice strong, versatile build, he was my frontliner through most of the game.

MarkB

Legend
I finally finished the game last night, playing as Lae'zel. A close-run final battle, but Minsc in full greatsword-wielding barbarian build won the day.

Went straight back in playing a Dark Urge blue dragonborn bard called Midnight, because when you're doubling down on the edgy you need a name to match. :D

MarkB

Legend
Did you switch around his ability stats, or kept the 8 Strength? I do agree the Blade of the Frontiers sounds like a martial.
I customised them, but there's no need to boost strength. No multiclassing prereqs in BG3, and with Blade Pact he'll be attacking with Charisma anyway.

The only annoyance is remembering to re-cast the pact binding each morning - I did go through a period of only realising his weapon wasn't pact-bound halfway through the first combat.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
I customised them, but there's no need to boost strength. No multiclassing prereqs in BG3, and with Blade Pact he'll be attacking with Charisma anyway.

The only annoyance is remembering to re-cast the pact binding each morning - I did go through a period of only realising his weapon wasn't pact-bound halfway through the first combat.
My Durge is a bladelock, and agree. Had to get into the habit of binding her pact weapon after every long rest. Don’t remember if that’s RAW, but it would have been a nice quality of life improvement if they waived it until you replace with another weapon.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads