• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Biased Dice: Which ones are most likely?

Which dice are most easily weighted/biased, by use or otherwise?

• d4

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • d6

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • d8

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • d10

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • d12

• d20

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Chriskaballa

First Post
In your experience as a player, DM, or obsessive die-roller, which dice are the most easily biased, whether by weighting or just by use? I'm curious, because my dice have been acting strangely...

~Chris

kreynolds

First Post
I can roll two dozen d4's (at once or separately) and at least half of the frickin' things show a 1 every single time. I hate d4's. For a short time, I was really tempted to ban them from my games and replace them with d8's with their results halved. :)

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
75% of every session is me rolling 1-5 on attack rolls and players rolling 18-20 constantly.

25% of every session is a chain of critical hits without error by a kobold or something similar. This is the part of the session where the players start to get VERY afraid.

I just don't understand!

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
As DM (regardless of system), one rolls tons of hits, especially lucky criticals from joe peasant with his pitchfork and hank the one-armed kobold.

As a player, one ends up with a jaw-dropping procession of natural 1's (critical failures) and very few natural 20s.

Hmm. Suddenly, it's fun to be DM! :D

Last edited:

freedoms_edge

First Post
Myself & my group where rolling money for some new characters last night, and in something like 20 d4 rolls, we got 12 4's, 5 3's, 2 2's and a single 1.

I love d4's.

Just re-read the post now. My god its confusing.

(My god is Tyr by the way - :D )

Remove ads