Black Panther Trailer

Shuri has been Black Panther in the comics. No reasons she couldn't in the MCU.

But they sure hell better not recast the character.

I'm in favor of this as well. Although it will be awkward to explain in-universe what happened to the original Black Panther. It's like when Married with Children had that pregnancy plot, and all of a sudden Katey Sagal had a miscarriage. Chadwick's death is going to be hovering over Black Panther 2 and there may not be an easy way to adapt the story. I hope they don't do some awkward digital double.

Last edited:

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I also agree that Shuri taking the mantle of the Black Panther would be cool. What I personally would like is for T'Challa to remain alive and king, but he becomes an off-screen character as he decides to focus on ruling Wakanda, taking care of the new international outreach program and his renewed relationship with Nakia. I'd love a happy ending for T'Challa...

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I also agree that Shuri taking the mantle of the Black Panther would be cool. What I personally would like is for T'Challa to remain alive and king, but he becomes an off-screen character as he decides to focus on ruling Wakanda, taking care of the new international outreach program and his renewed relationship with Nakia. I'd love a happy ending for T'Challa...

Yeah I was thinking something similar, leave T’Challa in Wakanda and have Shuri go out as the international Ambassador who visits the outreach centers and thus gets involved with other heroes.
You can still have a stand in wearing the suit if the current Panther needs to make an appearance For a transition scene

Mallus

Legend
I would like to cast another vote for Shuri as a post-colonial Iron Woman version of Black Panther.

I'd also like to admit the news of Chadwick Boseman's death hit unexpectedly hard as the news broke during our Roll20 session last Friday.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases