Black Spine: Adventures under a Dark Sun

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Grykee Mindbender 12th AC:13 PP:46 HP:36

Grykee concentrates on her Aura Sight for the round, whilst attempting to move to a good position to see the whole combat.

Her schismed mind thinks violent thoughts at the raging Gith fighting with Uden, the scream of a sandstorm fills the air around her, both she and the target glow faintly, and the Gith can hear mad whispering in his mind.

Manifesting Mind Wipe (Fort DC+15), cost 7, range close (85)-effect: takes 5 temp neg levels. If Uden drops the Gith first, then ignore that...

OOC: Roughly how many Gith are we facing?
And I'm alone in thinking these guys took way too many cues from the Big Book of Urik-Hia fashions ... :p

As a side note Paxus, any chance of letting me know the final DC for my powers so I can get an idea if it is 'bad rolls on my' part or good saves on theres?

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Arriha: Aarakocra Air Cleric 1 / Nomad 9 PP's:47

After the satisfying whoosh of the oil fire, Arriha opened fire on any gith that appeared to be a spellcaster or was using missile weapons.

OOC: Arriha will full attack, Fire bow (3 times rapid shot and acceleration), +16 to hit (1d8 +1d6 Cold +3).

Active Powers: Combat Prescience, Acceleration, Metaphysical Weapon (Bow)

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
evileeyore said:
OOC: Roughly how many Gith are we facing?
And I'm alone in thinking these guys took way too many cues from the Big Book of Urik-Hia fashions ... :p

As a side note Paxus, any chance of letting me know the final DC for my powers so I can get an idea if it is 'bad rolls on my' part or good saves on theres?

There are 11 left. It's not my fault about the big body part images; the module was written long before Jackson started filming. I try not to let metagame-sensitive information out, especially in a PbP; letting you know the final DC is something that you wouldn't necessarily know IC, as far as I can tell, so it's something that I don't think should be shared OOC.

Cerebus13

First Post
Ursus

Ursus takes a moment to tighten his buckler and draw his blade then he takes off with a grunt charging at the nearest Gith. He arcs his blade downward is a sweeping chop using both of his hands.

OOC:
Use a move action to draw Macahuitl.

If a Gith is within 30' of Ursus, charge towards it and make a single attack.
Attack Roll: +19, +2 for charge & -1 for using two hands with a buckler
Damage: 1d8+10, +3 for wielding weapon in two hands
AC: 17 for this round, -2 for charge & -1 for not using buckler

If none are close enough move 30' closer to them.

Also...do we have any idea of who is going first and last during rounds? I know most of the rolls are being kept hidden, but I'm just curious who is going when. My Init bonus is +2 btw.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Grykee, Arriha, and Ursus are each struck once by a javelin; Urden takes a solid axe hit to the chest. Arriha drops one target with two arrows, and strikes another gith with her third. Grykee drops the frothing berserker, his mind gone like an anthill swept away by a sandstorm.

OOC: Initiative order is the gith, Arriha, Grykee, Ristu, Urden, Ursus, Garak.

Jarval

Explorer
Deprived of his target, Uden bounds over the body of the fallen gith, and charges towards the main body, screaming wordlessly. He crashes into whatever target presents itself, confident in his swatter's ability to deal with the lanky humanoids.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Arriha: Aarakocra Air Cleric 1 / Nomad 9 PP's:47

Arriha climbed another 90 feet in the air and fired a shot at the offending gith that actually hit her.

OOC: Arriha move but stay within 2 range increments (w/in 150 feet), Fire bow, +16 to hit (1d8 +1d6 Cold +3).

Active Powers: Combat Prescience, Acceleration, Metaphysical Weapon (Bow)

G

Guest 11456

Lifehearth Ristu : Female Pterran Druid 11

Ristu steps back and begins weaving her druidic powers into a spell. She tries to aim it so that she can get the maximum number of gith without endangering her companions.

(Elemental Strike [Earth : Acid]; range 210 feet, area cylindar 10 feet radius 40 feet high, 11d6 damage, save reflex half)

OOC: Sorry for the delay.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Ristu's spell geysers upwards, bathing a trio of gith in acid. One drops to the ground as the flesh is scoured from his bones, but the other two still stand despite the ruin etched into their bodies. Urden steps up and hammers two blows into a hapless gith; the second arcs through his body and turns another into a red smear on his swatter. Ursus hacks the arrow-struck gith to the ground in a single brutal blow. Garak punches his lance neatly through one, and it dangles limply like a pennant on a still day. The remaining gith panick and flee, but are brought down swiftly by arrows and strikes from behind, save for the two who stand dumbly watching, Grykee's power holding them in check.

Jarval

Explorer
Uden makes his way back to the group, dragging the bodies to two gith behind him. He piles them with several of the others, and promptly starts looting the corpses of any metal or valuables they had.

"What we do with them?" Uden nods towards Grykee's dominated prisoners.

Remove ads