Black Spine: Adventures under a Dark Sun

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Arriha: Aarakocra Air Cleric 1 / Nomad 9 PP's:47

Arriha made a quick circuit to make certain that none of the gith escape to report to others (beofre her acceleration wore off), then returned to the others.

Uden said:
"What we do with them?" Uden nods towards Grykee's dominated prisoners.

Arriha landed and shrugged in answer to Uden, then looked to someone else to answer the question. Meanwhile, she let her mind concentrate on mending her injuries.

OOC: Lesser Body Adjustment

Cerebus13

First Post
Ursus

Sheathing his blade after wiping it on one of the bodies Ursus says:

"We should probably interrogate them for anything useful in fighting the rest of their band. Although I imagine that she," he nods towards Grykee, "can put them to the question far better than most."

He then walks to the top of a nearby sand dune to see if there are any more Gith lurking about.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
There are no gith approaching at the moment, but there are torches and horns blowing farther off. Each gith carries three javelins (minus those thrown) and a metal spear, along with leather jacks sewn with steel bars and discs to reinforce. The frothing gith who assaulted Urden instead carried a steel greataxe, and no missile weapons.

OOC: I realized I forgot to note damage from last round. Here are the numbers: Grykee took 9 more, Arriha took 3, Ursus 7, and Urden 13. Arriha's power heals her by 5 hit points.

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Grykee Mindbender 12th AC:13 PP:46 HP:25

"Yes, well we need to live long enough for me to really get anything useful out of them. Ursus, does it look like those horns are getting closer?"

Grykee walks over to the two Gith. She says to them in Gith:
Answer my questions truthfully, and no harm will befall you, lie to me and it will be nothing but pain.
When did your tribes plan to attack this camp (she nods towards the camp), and how many are there of you?

OOC:
*She lies, she plans to kill them when their usefulness is over. Bluff +23. She is acting sincere in her statement concerning their future wellbeing.

While questioning them she discretely tries to get a look towards the camp to see what is going on over there, and tries to locate Raston.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
In gith,
the one wearing the eye says "We attack in ten days, and there are over three hundred among us." The other says "Not so. The attack is in six days, and we number two hundred and eighty."

Rakskon, having returned from taking cover behind a dune, shouts to you "Quickly! Before more of them arrive! We must return to the camp!"

Cerebus13

First Post
Ursus

Ursus trots down from the dune and grabs up a couple of the metal spears.

"I can see some torches a ways off but I can't tell how far because of all the bloody dunes out here. We need to go right now, what should we do with these two?" He points at the Gith with one of the spears in his hands.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Arriha: Aarakocra Air Cleric 1 / Nomad 9 PP's:46

Arriha, her wounds healed, looked to her friends, and asked, "Anyone else injured?" The group knew that ARriha took the wounds onto herself and preferred to heal when camping for the evening, however, if someone was hurt enough they should report it so she could provide immediate help. Until they ask for aid, Arriha will move from gith to gith gathering weapons, and other steel items for Urden to carry.

"Bind their hands, then bring them. I'm sure that they have more they want to tell Grykee." Garak shoots the gith a cold look. He fully expects Grykee to render their minds down to gruel in search of useful information, but doesn't express it that way out loud in case they speak common.

He hoists a bundle of steel-tipped javelins and stows it away in Kejo's howdah.

"Patience, Rakskon. There is no cause for haste. We are not in any danger." Garak calls out to the jittery elf. Climbing on board, he nudges the inix into lazy motion, and draws level with Rakskon. He leans out of the howdah and whispers harshly.

"Listen to me well. Battles are won with heart and will, not with steel and bone. We have slain three dozen gith with no loss today. Fear is our greatest weapon now - the fear they will have of us. If the gith see us flee headlong into the safety of the village, this fear will be vanish like morning dew. We will travel at our own pace, in our own time, and defy them. Our enemies will see us and doubt, our allies will see us and be encouraged. And when the time comes for battle, the gith will find it is easier to overthrow a boulder than a brave man fighting for his home."

Jarval

Explorer
Uden: HP 95/139.

"Hurt, but not bad." Uden smiles at Arriha's question. "No need to worry."

He finishes gathering metal from the gith, and ties the items together in a large bundle. He looks at the axe curiously, then at his companions.

"Anyone want axe?" He offers, the weapon clearly too small to be much use to him. Once the group is ready to move onwards, he follows closely behind Grykee, ready to intercept any javelins that might try to find the elf.

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Grykee Mindbender 12th AC:13 PP:46 HP:25/46

Grykee tells the Gith:
You will be bound for your safety. These villagers will not attack you if your are no threat. Later we can speak further about your tribes. Maybe tomorrow you will go free. If not then the following evening for sure. Walk before me.

She herds the Gith into the town following Garak and fussing over Uden's wounds.

As they enter the village she speaks with her companions, "These two have different stories of when the attack will come. One says ten days, the other six. So I figure we have a few days to prepare."

Last edited:

Remove ads