Black Widow

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I'm glad they came though with a decent settlement. When they announced that Shang-Chi was going to be theater exclusive, I figured she had some pretty good leverage. I know they wanted theater exclusive for the massive Chinese market, but it thoroughly underscored which movie is being treated differently.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I'm glad they came though with a decent settlement. When they announced that Shang-Chi was going to be theater exclusive, I figured she had some pretty good leverage. I know they wanted theater exclusive for the massive Chinese market, but it thoroughly underscored which movie is being treated differently.
I still haven't seen Shang-Chi. I'm not yet willing to brave indoors with a lot of strangers, even if it is with masks and in Los Angeles.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
So not only did she get a huge amount of money, but she will also continue to work with Disney. Especially that last part surprises me.
Its much less than she originally asked for, but still a good cut of the profits made. Yeah her still being welcome to work for Disney is a big surprise, it seems that she does have some friends on the inside (go Fiege)

It will be interesting to see what work she gets after Tower of Terror and even more so what this settlement means for the wider industry ie will Streaming profits now be factored into actor pay.

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
Its much less than she originally asked for, but still a good cut of the profits made. Yeah who still being welcome to work for Disney is a big surprise, it seems that she does have some friends on the inside (go Fiege)

It will be interesting to see what work she gets after Tower of Terror and even more so what this settlement means for the wider industry ie will Streaming profits now be factored into actor pay.
And they definitely should be. If the studio is profiting, then the talent should be able to profit.

I'm wondering how the looming IATSE strike is going to affect upcoming productions. From what I've heard from people in the industry, production companies that deal with services like Netflix and Prime are a big issue due to the speed of production and short deadlines, resulting in huge stress on the production teams. This is exactly what the proposed strike is all about.

Stalker0

Legend
So not only did she get a huge amount of money, but she will also continue to work with Disney. Especially that last part surprises me.
We will see how that goes. Everyone right is incentivized to look chummy.

Disney wants to remove any thoughts that they are picking on Scarlet, but instead this was just a misunderstanding that they have worked to address.
Scarlet wants to ensure she is not coming out as a "deva", just someone who had a legitimate concern, and as soon as its addressed she's right back supporting the team.

We will see if that's for the cameras right now or if it actually returns to a good working relationship.

Remove ads