Black Widow

The film is free on Disney+ now, for all the cheapo's like me that waited. (And those that were waiting to do a re-watch)

Nothing much to add that hasn't already been covered in the thread already: Johansson, Pugh and Weisz, what more do you need in a film?

Richards

Legend
I finally got to see it today. It reminded me an awful lot of the end of season seven of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" in that by the end, there were a lot of "good guy" women out in the world with the powers of Black Widow/the Slayer and the whole "complete destruction of the Red Room/Sunnydale" thing.

As for Red Guardian, he reminded me a lot of Love Sausage from "The Boys" (the graphic novel version at least - I understand the TV version is significantly different), in that he was pretty much just a big, strong Russian. And he seemed to have lost quite a few Intelligence points over the years, as he was pretty much a Bond-level Russian sleeper agent in the beginning of the movie (shooting chasing cars from the wing of a plane in motion) and then just a big dumb guy as soon as he put that Red Guardian costume on.

Johnathan

Ryujin

Legend
I finally got to see it today. It reminded me an awful lot of the end of season seven of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" in that by the end, there were a lot of "good guy" women out in the world with the powers of Black Widow/the Slayer and the whole "complete destruction of the Red Room/Sunnydale" thing.

As for Red Guardian, he reminded me a lot of Love Sausage from "The Boys" (the graphic novel version at least - I understand the TV version is significantly different), in that he was pretty much just a big, strong Russian. And he seemed to have lost quite a few Intelligence points over the years, as he was pretty much a Bond-level Russian sleeper agent in the beginning of the movie (shooting chasing cars from the wing of a plane in motion) and then just a big dumb guy as soon as he put that Red Guardian costume on.

Johnathan
Twenty-odd years of not exercising the mental muscle will do that to you.

Finally saw this- in the marvel movies scale it was a c-. I liked the widow and her sister but there was
-really bad blue screen shots at times. Never got the feeling of height/vertigo even though there are scenes in the air
-not familiar with taskmaster but a mostly mindless zombie didn’t seem right?
-red guardian was basically comedy relief. In the beginning he’s this super spy and yet he’s a moron later on
-the pig scene was wierd and some of the options on the iPad were stupid (destroy skeleton)
-the super bad creates a global army and allows what happens to happen

I did like the end credit and curious on where they are going

im really curious of people who liked this think it’s better than say the 10 rings or eternals

Finally saw this- in the marvel movies scale it was a c-.

But do you rate any of the other MCU movies lower than this one? I don't.

I want to like it, but I sort of got tired of the character, even before the events of Endgame. I wonder if the writers were sensing that too and why Endgame went the way it did for her. And maybe her solo prequel movie was not as perfect as it could have been because of that too. But I also have a problem enjoying prequels for characters who are dead in the current timeline of what universe/series it may be. On the Star Wars side of Disney, this has me wondering just how well I will be able to invest my enjoyment in either the Obi-Wan or Cassian Andor D+ series.

Apparently Eternals is pretty bad, but I haven't seen it yet.

I liked Eternals a lot, but there's 10 main characters and 7000 years of history to cover in 2 and half hours so that will put off a lot of people.

I've seen people mention that it's more like a DC film. Chloe Zhao has confirmed that she's a fan of Zack Snyder and that Man of Steel was her main inspiration for the film.

D1Tremere

Adventurer
Loki is well done. Thanos is less so.

Thanos' plan doesn't hold up to 30 seconds of scrutiny. Which is fine, if you make it clear he really is the "Mad Titan". But they don't do that.
His plan actually makes slightly more sense if you take the position that he new about the main plot point from Eternals.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I liked Eternals a lot, but there's 10 main characters and 7000 years of history to cover in 2 and half hours so that will put off a lot of people.

I've seen people mention that it's more like a DC film. Chloe Zhao has confirmed that she's a fan of Zack Snyder and that Man of Steel was her main inspiration for the film.
Huh. I wasn’t interested in it until now. MoS is one of my favourite superhero movies.

Remove ads