Black Widow

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Did he die? I thought it was faked even the first time I watched Avengers. Maybe I misinterpreted it.
It wasn’t faked. Coulson is resurrected by a covert program for Agents of SHIELD.
Fury manipulates the Avengers with Coulson’s death, but he isn’t lying about losing his one good eye.

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
Did he die? I thought it was faked even the first time I watched Avengers. Maybe I misinterpreted it.
He died. "Tahiti. It's a magical place" was an implanted memory to cover the hell that he went through in the resurrection process. I think it was also mentioned that Fury had gone through it, at some point, though i can't specifically remember when.

Davies

Legend
He died. "Tahiti. It's a magical place" was an implanted memory to cover the hell that he went through in the resurrection process. I think it was also mentioned that Fury had gone through it, at some point, though i can't specifically remember when.

I really don't think so, and he's not listed among the test subjects for it on the MCU Wiki's page on the subject.

Stalker0

Legend
When everything is great, our ideas of what constitutes greatness change. Once you have enough of a type of movie out there to think about an average, we could then reasonably expect that roughly half of them will be below that average, and half above.

Our expectations should then be that about half the Marvel movies are "not great".
This assumes a static bar of expectation by which each new movie is measured.

ideally through you would hope one movies spurs the next to even greater heights, and so the bar would continue to rise over time.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
This assumes a static bar of expectation by which each new movie is measured.

No. EXACTLY the opposite. And I stated as much in the very first sentence of that post! "When everything is great, our ideas of what constitutes greatness change."

I mean, aside from that fact that I said the exact opposite, what you say here makes no sense. If there was a fixed, static bar, then any given series of movies could certainly be over the bar - every movie ever made could be great, if they were just crafted well enough to make it over the bar.

So, I dunno what to tell you - you're just really wrong here.

Remove ads