• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blackdirge's Suped Up Monster Thread: Monster Column Updated 06/26/06!

Mort

Legend
Supporter
BLACKDIRGE said:
Olive said:
awesome!QUOTE]

Glad you like.

If you use the Beast of Abbathor in game, let me know how he does.

Dirge

I'm definitely grabbing this monster. My high level group has been making a ton from the mine they've "acquired" and have angered some very powerful competition. A few of these set loose in the mine would just be tragic ;)

Olive

Explorer
BLACKDIRGE said:
If you use the Beast of Abbathor in game, let me know how he does.

I placed the creature as a guard in a treasure room in a abandoned temple to Abbathor. It was bound to the space, but the party never knew that.

He destroyed the paladin and the fighter's equipment entirely, and then horrid wilted the parties guide till he was little more than a desicated husk.

After teleporting away to regroup, the party returned sans anything except leather armour and greatclubs. They summoned swarms of lantern archons to distract it, and to try to get it to use up its spell likes. Then the party swarmed in and attacked. The paladin laid mega whupp-ass on it, smiting evil, using divine might and even castign divine sacrifice. The problem was he never healed himself, and given that he was the only one getting through itss hide, the beast was most interested in getting through his. So, the paladin dies, with the beast on about 14 hp. And when I say died, I mean was reduced to -17.

So it was tought as all hell, and satisfying, excet for the paladin player who's a bit grumpy with me. I've killed two characters in this campaign, both have been his. The first one was unlucky, this one was largely due to over exuberance and not thinkign things through on his part.

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Howdy all,

Morrus has asked me if I would like to do my suped up monster thread as a regular column in the articles section. I would love to do this but I have an idea I wanted to get some feedback on. I get a lot of requests for monsters, both on this thread and through private email, and while i can't get to all of them I really enjoy helping DM's out with their monster requests.

What I would like to do with the new column is populate it with monsters requested solely by you the readers. I plan to choose two or three requests a month and fully stat up the requested monters and add them to the column. I'll open another hotmail account or something like that solely for this purpose.

So whadda ya think? Good? Bad?

Dirge

Olive

Explorer
BLACKDIRGE said:
So whadda ya think? Good? Bad?

Awesome! One thing that would be good would be notes at the bottom about exactly what process youwent through in creating the creatures.

But yeah, great idea!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads