• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

bladesinger entering god mode

spartanah

Explorer
So my party achieved level 11...
we started as a druid, a bladesinger and an assassin. at first my role as a melee was essential with no one at the front line.
in time, the party grew with a war cleric, a paladin, barbarian and ranger. which depleted my role as a tank. which I'm fine with...
but now what? how do I change him to a god wizard? I don't want to change school or anything, I've played him for almost 2 years. I have a great fughting magic items, (moonblade :lol:), and vast lore and history.
how do I combine it to different tactics and spells?
would love to hear your suggestions

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
So my party achieved level 11...
we started as a druid, a bladesinger and an assassin. at first my role as a melee was essential with no one at the front line.
in time, the party grew with a war cleric, a paladin, barbarian and ranger. which depleted my role as a tank. which I'm fine with...
but now what? how do I change him to a god wizard? I don't want to change school or anything, I've played him for almost 2 years. I have a great fughting magic items, (moonblade :lol:), and vast lore and history.
how do I combine it to different tactics and spells?
would love to hear your suggestions

2 things - and both are based on "control"

1: Control the battlefield. A classic example is to use a spell to cut the enemy gang in half (classic way to do that is with a wall spell). The party then deals with the first half, while the second scrambles to circumvent/deal with your wall spell. An "even" fight is now two uneven fight in a row, *far* easier to win.

2: Control the *events*. Use your spells (mobility, divination, mind control) to shape the events. Bypass a fight entirely. Mind control a guard to let you in the back door. Have your familiar scout ahead.

You'll note that none of these things are things that blade signers are really good at... but you're still a full wizard and can do this.

Read TreantMonk's guide to wizards for more ideas :)

You shouldn't worry about being a tank anymore. Instead, take defensive spells where the NPCs will choose other targets and require no concentration: Blink, Fire Shield, Mirror Image, and Shield. Barbarians make great tanks because they're not terribly hard to hit and don't mind getting hit. As far as offense, look towards more DPR (Tenser's Transformation, Shadow Blade, Haste).

spartanah

Explorer
but do I need DPR? ranger, paladin and assassin all make great DPR. maybe i need to combine DPR and control. like walls and swords, bigby and cantrips?

gyor

Legend
I'll also add make the most out of utility, such as rituals and cantrips, they call the Wizard the Batman of D&D for a reason.

UnknownDyson

Explorer
3 spells are essential for Melee Wizard God mode. Tenser's Transformation, Fire Shield, and Haste. You can combine Flame Shield with either spell. Haste gives you an extra action that can be used to dash, make a single melee attack or use an object. It also gives advantage on dex saves and +2 to armor class and makes you insanely mobile. Transformation gives you 50 temp hp making you more tanky, gives proficiency in strength and con saving throws, gives advantage on weapon attacks, and gives your melee attacks an extra 2d12 on hit. Fire shield does 2d8 damage to your attackers.

Becoming a burning, supersonic, elven god of blade masters.

Remove ads