• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blank Slate IC

WarlockLord

First Post
OOC: I'm editing my posts to cease having anything to do with necromancy, undead, except for my lich aspect. This is important, as it is cool.

The edited post might hold some interested. As a side note, I figured that death /= undeath portfolio-wise, undeath cheats death, =not happy death god. I won't commit to a fight yet, but I will ally myself with anyone seeking to destroy them.

Last edited:

Gli'jar

First Post
Substance obedient to the will, spread like a forest fire. As the Dreamer continued to approach the assembled gods, the birthing continued and every dream was clothed in light. “Here is your home and your heritage. Our children will woo the see, court the sky, mold the earth and fashion the fire."

Newmade dryads and thorns pulled from the green dream separate themselves from the ancient trees, while the beautiful and wild places draw the flesh about themselves in the form of nymphs and satyrs. The dream of the air, earth and water continued to shape itself into myriad forms, to be collectively known as fey.

“Do not fear, Lord of the Green. That which I have given form, has always been and always will be. They have been sleeping, lying between the realm of being and non-being. They are my will given flesh, my heralds, but they reside in your realms, they will undertake your callings. Preserve this gem of the Empyrean as was meant, let no one ask which color is king where the wyld holds sway.”

GlassEye

Adventurer
Byrrl smiles as the Dreamer draws near. "You have plucked the dreams from the mind of a god and given them flesh." He laughs, "Or is it that you have plucked the dreams from a god's flesh and given them minds of their own? Truly, you have a wondrous power, Dreamer, and you are welcome in my grove."

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC: Warlocklord[/sblock] - Sorry for the problems, I hadn't even noticed you were a Lich originally. I would've responded sooner, but as I've posted elsewhere, I've been out for 2 weeks. You're a great gamer and I'd rather not antagonize you, but as you had beaten me to claiming god of Death, I had to choose Undeath (Which you hadn't specifically claimed at that point). I don't believe Death and Undeath have to be related anymore than Life and Death (See the ooc thread for my feelings on the matter in this campaign).
I know you've taken away your necromancy stuff, and for that I thank you.. I just hope it wasn't done out of anger, that's not what I wanted. You say you were going to create undead until I interfered, but if I'm supposed to be the GOD of Undeath, I fail to see how my creating that state of being could be termed 'interfering'..

In any case, perhaps we should talk about this in the OOC thread and try to resolve the issue. I've no problem with the God of Death being pissed at and hating the God of Undeath, but I'd rather you and I as players could get along well.[/sblock]

IC:
Jemal hears the Empyrean's words, and the darkness that seems to radiate from him lessens, as his voice softens. He finally bows to the Greater God, and when he straightens, is smiling. "My thanks, great one. I see you are indeed wiser than I had first expected, to not so quickly brush off the new." His next words are interupted by Bryll's.
"It is true, Great one, I sense too much change at this time.. Change is good, Change is inevitable.. but in moderation, not such as this. The balance is being upset by such a horde of new beings, and ones that propogate themselves exponentially... If something is not done.." Jemal stops, as they all sense that something IS happening.. As will happen, when beings are threatened, they fight back.. The God of War would be pleased, as the largest war yet is about to start down below if the gods do nothing to prevent it.. Man, Dwarf, Fey, Undead, and these 'Psuedo-Dragons' and their creations... All of them, on this planet which is growing steadily more filled. It cannot last... But who will fight who is unknown even to the Gods.
"This... will be interesting."

Avalon®

First Post
GlassEye said:
Byrrl hears the whisperings of this unknown god and learning from it, whispers a reply: "Who are you to whisper these things to me? Why do you hide and avoid the gathering of these gods? If the presence of so many gods disturbs you, you may seek me out in my grove. It is easily found." That thought, so quickly thought and said, suddenly causes a moment of concern for the Oak Lord.

However, that concern is, for the moment, swept away as Byrrl feels part of the life that is his charge become twisted and malformed. "Empyrean!" he calls out. "A new thing has been born, and it twists the life which is your creation and which I succor. It builds cities in which to continue the torture of life and twist it into its likeness. It must stop! If this continues, each god taking that which has been created and altering its growth so that it serves their own purpose then soon the earth will be overflowing in a myriad creatures different in form and purpose and the conflict that results will destroy this gem that is your creation. If I am the god of life, then new life must come from me alone."

Jemal said:
IC:
Jemal hears the Empyrean's words, and the darkness that seems to radiate from him lessens, as his voice softens. He finally bows to the Greater God, and when he straightens, is smiling. "My thanks, great one. I see you are indeed wiser than I had first expected, to not so quickly brush off the new." His next words are interupted by Bryll's.
"It is true, Great one, I sense too much change at this time.. Change is good, Change is inevitable.. but in moderation, not such as this. The balance is being upset by such a horde of new beings, and ones that propogate themselves exponentially... If something is not done.." Jemal stops, as they all sense that something IS happening.. As will happen, when beings are threatened, they fight back.. The God of War would be pleased, as the largest war yet is about to start down below if the gods do nothing to prevent it.. Man, Dwarf, Fey, Undead, and these 'Psuedo-Dragons' and their creations... All of them, on this planet which is growing steadily more filled. It cannot last... But who will fight who is unknown even to the Gods.
"This... will be interesting."

"Hash'mileak, it seems we have to put our feud on hold .... for now. I feel the sounds of war ringing in my self, it will be soon. To arms then! Gather your creations for we fight a foe that is more numerous than any of ours. Even if war is good, constant war would stifle innovation and that is something I will not permit these things to do."

Avalon®

First Post
"Where shall we have the battlefield then?"

With a thought, Ilem Nth Sabbatur gives life to portions of the earth that rise up and face him. "Go my elementals. Go forth to the mountains and give a message to the dwarves and gnomes. Tell them that I, Ilem Nth Sabbatur, need them to arm themselves for war. Go!"

The elementals rush out, gliding through the earth like fish in the sea, to the mountain strongholds of the dwarves and gnomes. Very soon the sounds of blacksmith's hammers ring within their forges.

WarlockLord

First Post
"Rise, my sorcerors! Practice thy spells of death! Summon thy demons! Ready thy flames, and gather thy soldiers! bids Hash'Mileak.

OOC: Looks like I created demons from chaos. Whee!!!

Remove ads