• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blank Slate IC

Gli'jar

First Post
Then the sky flew open like a door, and all at once the child of the void stood on the threshold. Rams horns he had like a crown, great wings like a royal mantle, and a long sinuous scaled tail that shone like burnished gold.

The very dream was tool enough, in itself, for the Dreamer to mould the clay without ever so much as a touch of his hand. He explored and gave flesh to that which mortals dare to create as they dream."In your lives shall I seek my own, and in your families shall I have my folk"

As he searched in the memory of the dream, the dream came down to the earth like a wild beast on the rampage. The dream was spilling from his head, eager, unthinking, pulled from the reality of the dream, drawn through the door between being and non-being. The very air gave birth, became flesh, became ankheg, bulette, griffon, sea cat, unicorn and every whim became substance, obedient to desire.

"My colours are my hearlds, here is my gift to you." Off they scurried, this way and that way into the realm, no longer a dream.

The Dreamer gazed about, cutting the gossmer strings that bound his creations to the dream world, cementing them into this reality. His senses begin to focus on those like himself however and slowly the dreamer makes his way towards the assemblage of the others sensing a kinship among them.

Last edited:

WarlockLord

First Post
Hash'Mileak, the lich-god, mused. "Interesting. Some of these creatures are akin to my chosen form. Is this a deliberate insult? A case of insensitivity? I do not much care for them.

Before, creatures died normally, and were reabsorbed into various godheads: Brryl's greendream, etc. Now, they continue to exist. This is an abberation. While I feel attracted to the breaking of a pattern, they threaten death. I will reserve judgement, however, I am not in favor.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC
Warlocklord - If that is true then there is no reason for me to exist. You never posted such in this thread, and I HAVE posted the first creation of unead.
Your god was stated as being the god of Entropy and Death, whearas the process of coming back AFTER death is what I took control of.
I've also stated OOC that I would prefer if we not just blindly fall into the D&D patterns completely. I dont want Necromancy in this world If it exists, Jemal doesn't. Sorry if I sound like a dick giving an ultimatum, but I was hoping this game would be something unique, instead of just another homebrew-pantheon that still follows all the traditions and rules of every other pantheon D&D has ever had.
If not, then I've no further reason to play.

Also, i'd like to point out that as has been posted thus far, Undead didn't EXIST until just recently... By which I mean during Jemal and Bryll's conversation.
I fail to see how Humans could have been taught to control something that didn't yet exist.

Avalon®

First Post
Ambrus said:
The Empyrean shines its light down to warm the surface of the hulking stone and metal behemoth.Ilem Nth Sabbatur, Lord of Earth, I am indeed pleased that the staunchest of the elements that I created has given rise to a divinity such as yourself. One might assume in error that the stolid earth may be unyielding and torporific but your own dedication to improvement and conflict speaks of a dynamic spirit possessed of vicissitude. In my sight you share much in common with your brother Pluvios, Master of the sea.

"I have a brother then? Where is he so that I may meet him?"

You are correct that my own genesis itself was born of a conflict between what was to be and what was not. I have of late grown conscious that conflict is necessary to keep creation from growing lifeless and inert. You yourself however seem to have possessed this insight from your very beginning and so your sovereignty over matters of the earth, innovation and dynamic conflict is unparalleled in my sight. Please accept my sincerest blessing of your dominion over these things, to continue to manage as you see fit.

Bowing in reverence to the Empyrean, Ilem Nth Sabbatur speaks in a more cheerful tone. "Thank you for your praise. I will do as you command but things are getting off unto a rough start."

If I may offer a few humble words of wisdom however; please remember that there will be no progress or innovation in the wake of wars that lead to mass destruction. The spheres which you champion must be carefully balanced against each other lest they lead you and your charges to misfortune.

"It is not I that you should warn. I strive for martial and holistic perfection. I do not waste lives needlessly. There is one who encroaches on my demense. It is that skeletal being over there." He points to the god of entropy. "He has taught his creations the art of war and they grow ever more hungry for conflict. It will not be soon that their lust for battle will spill unto the other races. He has no definite purpose and he twists his words so easily. He should bear watching for the good of all within this materium."

Pray tell me Ilem Nth Sabbatur, have you likewise endeavoured to adapt, cherish and guide creatures of your own design as have your kin?

"I have. I have molded creatures from my brother, the oaken lord, to serve me and be my followers. I plan many things for them and for more things to serve me in the future. I sense your presence within the depths of the earth. A great fire rages within there and I humbly ask that I may be allowed to harness its power."

Last edited:

Avalon®

First Post
Jemal said:
OOC
Warlocklord - If that is true then there is no reason for me to exist. You never posted such in this thread, and I HAVE posted the first creation of unead.
Your god was stated as being the god of Entropy and Death, whearas the process of coming back AFTER death is what I took control of.
I've also stated OOC that I would prefer if we not just blindly fall into the D&D patterns completely. I dont want Necromancy in this world If it exists, Jemal doesn't. Sorry if I sound like a dick giving an ultimatum, but I was hoping this game would be something unique, instead of just another homebrew-pantheon that still follows all the traditions and rules of every other pantheon D&D has ever had.
If not, then I've no further reason to play.

Also, i'd like to point out that as has been posted thus far, Undead didn't EXIST until just recently... By which I mean during Jemal and Bryll's conversation.
I fail to see how Humans could have been taught to control something that didn't yet exist.

OOC
Looks like he's pulling things out of thin air. Better watch out for that. :\

WarlockLord

First Post
OOC: If I'm a freakin lich...I think I stated that before you created the undead. Shoudn't this give me some advantage? I am one myself. Why wouldn't I teach humans about them? I was planning to introduce them next until you interfered.

GrandArchon

First Post
(OOC: Back!... And the gods are bickering. I think the OOC board has disappeared though. That's why I posted my notice here.)

IC: And the Watcher did seperate from Itself Its own flesh, which It did meld unto a likeness of Itself, but less fearsome and not even a fiftieth of Its power; though it was still great and terrible. Being content in Its work, It made from Itself twelve more. These Thirteen It set out of Its world through a secret gate, and bade them Watch for It, to be Its Eyes.

The Thirteen saw the gods quibling. The Thirteen saw man and beast suffering. The Thirteen saw all the Races of men and counted all the stars in the sky and measured the boundaries of the Universe. But they did not see All. And this disturbed them greatly. So, seeing the Great Mother of Dragons laying in her cavern, asleep, the Thirteen came and one by one, raped her. For each of the Thirteen, she made an egg, and in each egg were a hundred worms. The eggs hatched, and the worms grew, and so were born 1000 and 300 psuedo-dragons, strange and and cancerous.

The psuedo-dragons catalogued the multitude of fauna and flora. The psuedo-dragons memorized the name of the tribes of men and dwarves and gnomes and the strange peoples of the forest. The psuedo-dragons learned the strengths of stones and the workings of the most microbial forms of life and the secrets of magic and mind. But they did not see All. And this disturbed them greatly.

So each psuedo-dragon made servitors for themselves. Some took those things that already lived and twisted them to their purpose. Some took their own flesh as It had done and crafted things of their own likeness. Some drew water from the primordial sea and devised creatures no thing had ever seen before, and should not see either. And these servitors, these Aberrations of nature, built cities and fortresses and towers, and took all manner of things into their grasps. The experimented and observed, tortured, killed and watched. They did stange thing, wonderful things, terrible things. They did such cruelties that stones suffered and wood screamed. But they did not see All. And this disturbed them greatly. They were, however, at a loss of what to do. So they continued as they were, and the world shuddered at their presence.

Ambrus

Explorer
Jemal said:
With that, he turns to finally address the sun-god. "And what say you, original creator of life?:):)Have you thoughts on my "abomination's", or do you have the wisdom to see the balance inherent in the Universe? I would assume that even yourself has a balancing point, though it be unknown to us."
The Empyrean ignores the god's oddly antagonistic tone, being altogether uncertain of its source. Instead its warming light seeks out the obstinate god's creations to study them directly. "I beseech thee to gaze upon the firmament Jemal, Lord of undeath. I have scattered countless celestial bodies across the cosmos, and yet have I chosen not to choke the heavens with their light. Know that just as the stars burn all the brighter against the dark tapestry of space, do I strive for balance in all things.

I hadn't conceived of the state of death when I first sparked life and neither had I conceived of the state of being which you have now brought about. It is something entirely new to this world and I thus gaze upon it in wonderment, curious to see how it may yet develop and affect mortality. You have made a place for it in the order of things and I thus praise your efforts."
Avalon(r) said:
"I have a sister then? Where is she so that I may meet her?"
"Seek the Ever-shifting Tide at he edges of your land where they are brushed by the bountiful oceans that cover this world. Seek the Rain Serpent in the clouds overhead from which her tears bring life to all that grows upon the land, a mirrored element of my warming light."
Avalon(r) said:
"I have. I have molded creatures from my brother, the oaken lord, to serve me and be my followers. I plan many things for them and for more things to serve me in the future. I sense your presence within the depths of the earth. A great fire rages within there and I humbly ask that I may be allowed to harness its power."
"Take heed, for it is my unbridled might that melts the stones deep within this world and may prove perilous for lesser beings to harness, though if treated with respect it may serve mightily indeed. Delve into its mysteries with my blessing Lord of Earth, make use of it as you see fit and teach those in your care to harness its power to bring light into the darkened caverns they carve beneath the surface. All that I ask of you in return is that your charges recall me when they offer unto you the reverence you rightly deserve."

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Byrrl hears the whisperings of this unknown god and learning from it, whispers a reply: "Who are you to whisper these things to me? Why do you hide and avoid the gathering of these gods? If the presence of so many gods disturbs you, you may seek me out in my grove. It is easily found." That thought, so quickly thought and said, suddenly causes a moment of concern for the Oak Lord.

However, that concern is, for the moment, swept away as Byrrl feels part of the life that is his charge become twisted and malformed. "Empyrean!" he calls out. "A new thing has been born, and it twists the life which is your creation and which I succor. It builds cities in which to continue the torture of life and twist it into its likeness. It must stop! If this continues, each god taking that which has been created and altering its growth so that it serves their own purpose then soon the earth will be overflowing in a myriad creatures different in form and purpose and the conflict that results will destroy this gem that is your creation. If I am the god of life, then new life must come from me alone."

Remove ads