• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blank Slate IC

Kaodi

Hero
His anger simmering down, Noctuvos counters as well.

It was never my intention that you should need ask my permission to create, and in some ways, you mistake the nature of my domain. I do not destroy, so much as displace. Something with no place may seem destroyed, and perhaps it might as well be, but if I wished it I could bring it back.

It is my wish that we cooperate, along with our third counterpart, who has remained silent for some time. But, I do not wish to surrender my claim to the destiny of Malchygara. She is a creature of dark space, her promiximity to the world would now be almost as destructive as your own. However, those who are born to her you may claim as you wish, as I claimed her from her mother, Tiamat. Thus, in a way, your bargain is fulfilled, and you may have your share of her, her children. I had planned for them to be my arbiters, but now they can be our arbiters, or your arbiters, if you must.

That is my final offer, Empyrean. Create as you wish with my blessing, command the progeny of the Starwyrm as you will, and we will cooperate to make this existence as grand as can be. But Malchygara and her destiny will always be guided by my will, which is not to say I would be unwilling to render her abilities unto you if it were required by our schemes.

I would only wish that our companion, Whisper would make her will known, as much as she is able to at least. No grand bargain of the ultimate powers would be complete without her.

Ambrus

Explorer
The Empyrean allows its anger to simmer rather than flare once more. "I am dismayed that you reject my offer, one that I still believe to be fair. The wyrm's heart glows brightly with my own fire, her light shinning across the heavens as does my own. She is of my brood as she is yours. I will nonetheless abide by the offer I have made to you; you may freely use the wyrm as your herald and harbinger." The Empyrean continues in a dismayed tone. "I pray that you will see the wisdom in not directing her to take actions I find upsetting. Like you however, I refuse to relinquish my claim to her. Malchygara must continue to offer me reverence as I have bid all of her kind to do."

As it seems unlikely that it and the void would reach any further consensus, the Empyrean turns its attention back to the fledgling world which was once more being bathed in its warming radiance. Looking down upon the growing assembly of godlings, the sun shines with a welcoming light. "Hail Lords of Life. I am the Empyrean."

GlassEye

Adventurer
As Empyrean turns his shining face towards the earth and calls down, Byrrl stretches upwards with his branches basking in the glow of the elder god. "Hail, Empyrean! I am Byrrl, the mind and will of the life which you have created, the Spirit in the Green."

Avalon®

First Post
WarlockLord said:
The lich-god looks at the war god with disdain and anger.
SO! YOU PRESUME TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO WITH MY CREATURES? AS MASTER OF DEATH, AM I NOT ALLOWED TO PROPOGATE IT? YOU PRESUME TO THREATEN ME? DO YOU WISH TO FEEL DEATH TO TAKE YOUR SOUL, OR ENTROPY? BY WHAT RIGHT DO YOU THREATEN ME, FOOL?!!!"

"How is it then that the act of creation is relative to entropy? Are you not, as you say, the god of entropy? The purpose of entropy is to destroy and decay. Why then have you done something such as creation?"

GlassEye said:
Turning to Ilem, Byrrl continues, "Likewise, brother, send three of your gnomes to my grove and I will give them the same knowledge and gifts."

"Very well. As a token of goodwill, I will also let you choose a score of dwarves to take as your own once more. Also, choose one more dwarf, I will groom him and present him as a perfect warrior that will serve both our causes."

Avalon®

First Post
Turning to the sky above, the god of war addresses this new being. "Greetings! I am Ilem Nth Sabbatur, born from the depths of your first creation. I sense that you are a being much like us. Could you pray tell who might you be so that we can address you properly?"

Ambrus

Explorer
"Byrrl, Spirit in the Green, you have taken the life I'd laid upon the earth and caused it to proliferate and grow a hundred times beyond my original design. Looking down upon the earth I now find myself greeted with a panoply of colors and a proliferation of life which humbles my early efforts. Your unparalleled mastery over the processes of life have made this world a unique jewel amongst the cosmos. I am pleased by your achievements and entreat you to accept sovereignty over life itself with my blessings. I would only ask that you encourage the remembrance of the value of my warming light amongst those that venerate you as I do; in exchange I offer you my assurance that your charges will never have wont of my light for long."

Ambrus

Explorer
Turning to this second God, the sun's light caries upon it a message of introduction. "I am the Empyrean, the celestial nexus from which existence itself sprang. As I came into being so did time itself begin its forward progress. I have spread my stellar avatars across the heavens to bring light to the furthest reaches of the cosmos, thus demarcating the bounds of the universe. The seventeen planets I coalesced from the ashes and ether left over from my birth throes. My gifts of the five elements begat life on this world.

I sense within you Ilem Nth Sabbatur the unmistakable essence of divinity and your own claim of fellowship with me I cannot deny, and yet your works remain more obscure to me than those of the Spirit in the Green. I entreat you to tell me of them so that I may admire them in earnest."

Last edited:

WarlockLord

First Post
Avalon® said:
"How is it then that the act of creation is relative to entropy? Are you not, as you say, the god of entropy? The purpose of entropy is to destroy and decay. Why then have you done something such as creation?"

" I did not create these men from whole cloth. I merely took the monkeys that hopped uselessly around, and toyed with their essence. That is quite easily entropy, as nature is entropic: The losers are destroyed and decay. (This is why I feel empathy with Byrrl) I merely needed proxies."

Kaodi

Hero
Thinking back to how he changed Tiamat, at Whisper's behest, it occurs to Noctovos that he another weapon to employ... He looks deep into the heart of the Starwyrm, and within creates the longing for the darkness. He creates a void that can only be filled with his love and approval, and thus binds Malchygara even more closely to him. The imperious god of creation can make all of the empty claims he likes, but Noctuvos knows that this one creature is his. If he has to, he can always place her beyond the Empyrean's reach...

He whispers into her ear, Let us go along with this charade, for now, but the day will come when the Empyrean regrets his stance. All I asked of him was a little of him, no more than he took from me, but he still resisted. I shall have the last word, though a thousand ages may pass before I take my revenge...

GlassEye

Adventurer
Ambrus said:
"Byrrl, Spirit in the Green, you have taken the life I'd laid upon the earth and caused it to proliferate and grow a hundred times beyond my original design. Looking down upon the earth I now find myself greeted with a panoply of colors and a proliferation of life which humbles my early efforts. Your unparalleled mastery over the processes of life have made this world a unique jewel amongst the cosmos. I am pleased by your achievements and entreat you to accept sovereignty over life itself with my blessings. I would only ask that you encourage the remembrance of the value of my warming light amongst those that venerate you as I do; in exchange I offer you my assurance that your charges will never have wont of my light for long."
Byrrl basks in the Empyrean's praise. "Thank you, Lord of Light! I gladly accept your charge and hope that you will continue to be pleased with the many forms of life on this earth. I honor your continual gift of light and will teach my creatures to honor and venerate you, as well as the earth and waters that provide nourishment."

Remove ads