Pathfinder 1E Blind Archer

Sarac

First Post
I've been thinking up a backstory for a character that I'd like to play but, as you may guess from the title, he'd be an Archer (Ranger or Fighter w/ Archer Archetype) who has the major inconvenience of being blind. I've been digging through magic items, spells and feats and can't really find anything to make this playable. Am I missing something or should I scrap this entire concept? I just really would love a scene where he enter's a dungeon and all the Orcs look at him and see the blind man with a bow, they shout something about him having a deathwish and then shocked when he fires off three shots and suddenly three of his friends are dead by arrows in the their, with a fourth knocked for him.

was

Adventurer
..IMO, you would need some sort of adaptation of a blindsense/tremorsense ability and maybe a Blindfighting feat. I hate to just say 'NO" to any character concept. However, the idea of having such an ability, at a range that would make an effective archer, seems unbelievable. It would be easier to go with a blind swordsman concept.

AWizardInDallas

First Post
I've been thinking up a backstory for a character that I'd like to play but, as you may guess from the title, he'd be an Archer (Ranger or Fighter w/ Archer Archetype) who has the major inconvenience of being blind. I've been digging through magic items, spells and feats and can't really find anything to make this playable. Am I missing something or should I scrap this entire concept? I just really would love a scene where he enter's a dungeon and all the Orcs look at him and see the blind man with a bow, they shout something about him having a deathwish and then shocked when he fires off three shots and suddenly three of his friends are dead by arrows in the their, with a fourth knocked for him.
You could have him use an animal companion to be his eyes, same as seeing eye dogs are in the real world. As GM, I personally would impose the normal blindness penalties, but would gradually reduce and eliminate them if you stuck to your concept on show great role-play bonding with your animal companion.

The only other idea would be to do a Jordie LaForge and have the limitation of a magic item to provide enough visual acuity for archery. The witches eye from Greek myth comes to mind.

Cheers and good luck with your concept.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Remove ads