"Blind-fighting" Prestige Class?

Kryndal Levik

First Post
Wow- thanks for all the input, guys. Actually, the feedback you provided fits in with my rationale for introducing the idea into my campaign in the first place. One of my characters is a previously 2nd edition psionicist who ended up seeking training with a blind monk (long story). In order to "convert" his character to 3rd edition, we came up with the rationale that the monk essentially told him that he needed to forget what he had learned previously. Unfortunately, that particular plot thread of the campaign was put on hold, and the character shelved.

Now, several years later, we're actually starting back up with this character, and a prestige class seemed like the perfect fit.

(The blind monk has an extensive background story, but I won't bore you with that here... :)).

DWARF

First Post
Maybe you could treat it similar to the Pale Master in application, for characters that want to join but are sighted, they can start with wearing a blindfold, then at level 4 or 5 they would blind themselves in one eye, or go through a ritual to highly cloud their vision, like cataracts. Then, at level 8 to 10 sometimes, they'd be completely blind.

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
You could also look at the Blind Assassin prestige class. I believe it's in the first Asgard Magazine. You should be able to find it on the main page.

Remove ads