• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blind Swordsman?

Daermon

First Post
I like the Psion option better.

Actually, a Psionic Warrior/Fighter build with the appropriate feats could work well with this.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
reveal said:
At a cost of 3,000gp ((1 x 1 x 2000)x1.5) to make this into goggles, I think this is your best bet.

Except it wouldn't help you with darkness, or invisibility, or the many other things that the blindfold would help with. And, you could NEVER be given darkvision, or see invisibility, even with a spell, since it specifically says it will not function (you need the light to function).

The Blindfold is the better bet.

BalazarIago

First Post
You have the PC do all of this, getting feats and special abilities, and then have a Mesiah go through town, healing all the sick and afflicted pass the PC.

"Your blind, poor thing. " Cast cure blindness, "There you go, enjoy your gift of sight"

Then sit back and watch the player implode.

Xereq

First Post
yup, blindsight feat in compleat warior is update for the feat in sword and fist, but i think i saw a psionic monk somewhere and you could just add the wierdsight power to the list of powers available, ancestral blade (from samuri in OA) instead of ki strike and unarmed strike that works with flurry of blows etc. sounds doable as a core class

lukelightning

First Post
Because he can't see his surroundings? Someone who is blinded should have more penalties than someone who is fighting invisible opponents.

Cabral said:
So why doesn't he keep the dex bonus to AC (versus melee opponents anyway?)

Cabral

First Post
lukelightning said:
Because he can't see his surroundings? Someone who is blinded should have more penalties than someone who is fighting invisible opponents.

Why? being blinded just makes everyone invisible :p
And blind-fight reduces the penalties versus invisible opponents. :)

Krelios

First Post
But being blinded makes everything invisible. Walls, floors, ceilings, dangerous molds... You have no visual landmarks to discern your location and relative position to other objects/creatures. Being blind really should have a steeper penalty than fighting an invisible creature. I bet if you asked a blind person if they'd like to see everything but people, they'd take you up on it (although I'm not sure how that would work).

Remove ads