• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blinded

TheGogmagog

First Post
My favourite is the poor Rogue who uses his magic dagger for Blinding Barrage, and can't understand why it refuses to come back...

-Hyp.

It doesn't come back? I've asked here before and it looked like you would use the same magic dagger on all Blinding Barrage blasts. I was using the dagger once, then shuriken for the rest of the attacks. My DM thought that didn't feel right switching weapons in the same attack action, and said I 'had' to use the +2 dagger (+1 for rogue) over the +0 shuriken.

I did have Quick Draw if switching weapons is a factor.

Danceofmasks

First Post
Under the description of magic thrown weapons, it says they come back after a ranged attack.
Bursts and blasts are neither ranged attacks nor melee attacks.

Cobblestone

First Post
What happens if everyone is blind?

Here's the situation in my game. Am I running this correctly?

Combatants are in a cellar lit by a single candle, and the candle is blown out. No one can see in complete darkness. What conditions apply? How do you determine where to swing? Does being blind affect movement (I would thinks so, but is it RAW?)

I think all targets benefit from total concealment, and so everyone gets a -5 penalty on attack rolls. And everyone grants combat advantage, but you have to be able to see your target to benefit, so that's a wash. Are there any other pieces I'm missing?

Thanks for your thoughts,

Peace

C-Stone

piers

Explorer
Under the description of magic thrown weapons, it says they come back after a ranged attack.
Bursts and blasts are neither ranged attacks nor melee attacks.

There's an FAQ here which states that you can safely use a magic weapon as part of a blast or burst power.

Q: I am using a magical thrown weapon as part of an area of effect power. If I am attacking multiple enemies within that area, do I need multiple weapons, or will one suffice?

A: One is enough in this case. Magical thrown weapons return to you after each attack, so you’ll be able to use it against each enemy as part of using your power.

WalterKovacs

First Post
Right. The person who wrote it doesn't appear to have checked the rules for magical throwing weapons before answering.

-Hyp.

Or the person that wrote the rules for throwing magical weapons forgot that there were close/area powers involving magical thrown weapons, and they should have made mention of them. The design philosophy seems to be that you don't need to own tons of magic items, and thus having a magic dagger [or shuriken] shouldn't be MUCH worse than a magic crossbow.

Remove ads