• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blood and Guts 2 Questions

Vigilance

Explorer
molonel said:
Ah yes, I see. That makes sense. Not all special ops necessarily have that training.

Yeah, I tried to seperate out basic training from advanced individual training.

At least close enough for a game ;)

Chuck

molonel

First Post
At the request of one of my players, I am grouping the maneuvers as tactical feats like those found in The Complete Warrior. I have added a couple of house rules: 1. Only one maneuver can be used per round (except Instant Stand and Block), 2. Characters may, by expending an Action Point, perform an additional one additional maneuver per round.

The tactical feats are as follows:

- Axe Kick, Heel Kick, Snap Kick.
- Back Kick, Jump Kick, Circle Kick.
- Joint Lock, Nerve Strike, Numbing Strike.
- Ridgehand, Kidney Punch, Uppercut.
- Leg Sweep, Groin Kick, Instant Stand.
- Heart Punch, Block, Choke Hold.

Vigilance

Explorer
molonel said:
At the request of one of my players, I am grouping the maneuvers as tactical feats like those found in The Complete Warrior. I have added a couple of house rules: 1. Only one maneuver can be used per round (except Instant Stand and Block), 2. Characters may, by expending an Action Point, perform an additional one additional maneuver per round.

The tactical feats are as follows:

- Axe Kick, Heel Kick, Snap Kick.
- Back Kick, Jump Kick, Circle Kick.
- Joint Lock, Nerve Strike, Numbing Strike.
- Ridgehand, Kidney Punch, Uppercut.
- Leg Sweep, Groin Kick, Instant Stand.
- Heart Punch, Block, Choke Hold.

Looks good.

molonel

First Post
Vigilance said:
Looks good.

Thanks. The player grouped the feats himself. I found it hard to fault his work arranging them.

I'm really enjoying reading Blood & Fists, but I found myself removing the feats that allowed people to add Charisma, Intelligence, Wisdom, etc. to AC. They didn't fit the flavor of my campaign.

I'm also going to modify the effects of some of the Save Vs. Whatever feats for size, or the anatomy of non-human or alien races. Creatures who are immune to crits and sneak attacks will probably also be immune to some or all of them.

Vigilance

Explorer
Pagan priest said:
Any chance I'll see these at my FLGS anytime soon? Or should I go beat them soundly about the head and shoulders for not having this already?

We are going to do a limited print run to sell direct soon. However, we are not planning on doing a print run for distribution. When it's available from us directly, I'll share more. My guess would be around GenCon.

molonel

First Post
One other difference between version 1 and version 2 of Blood & Guts seems to be the elimination of separate classes for the special operations groups, and replacing them with the generalized "Special Operations Training" 5-level class combined with unit bonuses.

Is that correct?

Vigilance

Explorer
molonel said:
One other difference between version 1 and version 2 of Blood & Guts seems to be the elimination of separate classes for the special operations groups, and replacing them with the generalized "Special Operations Training" 5-level class combined with unit bonuses.

Is that correct?

That's probably the biggest difference. The original book had a class for every single special ops organization. I came to feel, after running it more, that that class structure was way too confining for my taste.

The more open class structure also allows the book to work better for military forces of different eras. Certainly for the 20th century.

molonel

First Post
I don't understand how the Tactician feat and the Voice of Command ability for the Leadership Training work together.

Under Tactician, it says, "Normally when you roll a tactics skill check the benefits apply only to you. This feat allows you to grant the bonuses of a successful tactics skill check to your allies (characters who have the Teamwork feat for the same team). The number of allies affect is equal to double your Charisma modifier."

What does it mean, "when you roll a tactics skill check"? There isn't any listed means of using that skill in the Core d20 Modern rules, and there isn't a new section for Knowledge: Tactics under "New Skill Uses" in chapter 2 of Blood & Guts 2: Military Training Manual.

What did I miss?

Also, is Voice of Command supposed to stack with the Inspiration or Greater Inspiration talent tree abilities of the Charismatic Hero? I know you can't be doing both of them at the same time, but if you took two rounds, would the bonuses stack?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads